Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    1973 Los Angeles Indoor Meets
    I would like to find out the results for the 1973 LATimes and Sunkist Los Angeles Indoor Meets. I have exhausted all the leads I have been given. Thanks

2. Collapse Details

What event/s specifically?

3. Collapse Details

Laguna Beach High School's boys 440/400 relay team participated in either the Times or Sunkist Indoor Meets in '73.

4. Collapse Details

LA Times, 2/9/73:

There was a pair of 4x160y relays.

In the boys, Laguna Beach was 3rd in 1:09.3 (1 Muir 1:06.7, 2 Santa Ana Valley 1:08.0, 4 Inglewood 1:09.9)

In the girls race, LB was 2nd in 1:22.8 (1 LB Wilson 1:19.1, 3 San Fernando 1:23.7, 4 Morningside 1:24.4)

At Sunkist, there was a mile relay with more than one section, but only the first four teams are listed in the LA Times results: 1 Muir 3:32.9, 2 Dominguez 3:33.8, 3 Glendale 3:33.8, 4 Upland 3:34.7.

5. Collapse Details

dj can you provide an internet link for those indoor results?

6. Collapse Details

Thanks for the information on those indoor races. One of the LB boys on that team has ended up being a prominent surgeon.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    dj can you provide an internet link for those indoor results?
    I'm pretty sure these results were not sourced on the internet. I believe dj has access to a microfilm archive of the Los Angeles Times.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    I'm pretty sure these results were not sourced on the internet. I believe dj has access to a microfilm archive of the Los Angeles Times.
    Correct, so I can't post the clip. And I tried contacting cannon but apparently to no avail.

9. Collapse Details

dj...how did you try to contact me...I'm not aware of it.