Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Britain releases Beijing 2015 selection criteria (Gotzis being used as a trial)
    Cool
    Britain released their criteria to select athletes for Beijing 2015. I thought it was interesting that they used Gotzis as a trial for the multis. Europeans champions are automatically in too:
    http://www.athleticsweekly.com/featu...-policy-15627/
    Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

2. Collapse Details

I suppose that includes indoor European champions?

3. Collapse Details

I guess this is why Ennis has announced her return at the Gotzis meet. Interesting that the UK qualifying criteria states 'top 12', which is a bit pointless. Morgan Lake finished 17th last year, 114 points off 12th place, and though she is on the up, I doubt she will finish in the top 12. However, she will of course be selected as (presumably) our third best heptathlete and no one else close.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella2 View Post
    I guess this is why Ennis has announced her return at the Gotzis meet. Interesting that the UK qualifying criteria states 'top 12', which is a bit pointless. Morgan Lake finished 17th last year, 114 points off 12th place, and though she is on the up, I doubt she will finish in the top 12. However, she will of course be selected as (presumably) our third best heptathlete and no one else close.
    You wanna hear pointless? The German federation released their criteria for Beijing a few days ago and the DLV geniuses came up with the following: Any multiathlete who won gold or silver in Zürich last year will be selected for Beijing. Now considering that no Germans won decathlon or heptathlon medals, it does seem kinda strange and extreme pointless.

5. Collapse Details

I believe she is competing as Jessica Ennis-Hill from now on. If KJT is fully fit, I don't think Ennis-Hill will beat her consistently as in previous years. Teenager Morgan Lake is GBR's third best in the Heptathlon and she has great potential. Among the men, Britain is strong in the sprints and has at least one world class long jumper. Distances beyond 1500 are dominated by just one British man, and he was born in Somalia and resides in the USA. Don't get me started on Ms Tiffany Porter: she is known as a 'Plastic Brit' by many here in the UK.

6. Collapse Details

That 'plastic Brit' seemed to have the reference dropped more often after her medalling at the champs...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    You wanna hear pointless? The German federation released their criteria for Beijing a few days ago and the DLV geniuses came up with the following: Any multiathlete who won gold or silver in Zürich last year will be selected for Beijing. Now considering that no Germans won decathlon or heptathlon medals, it does seem kinda strange and extreme pointless.
    German multi-eventers can also earn a selection by scoring more than 8200/6200 points in one of three multi-events meets happening in May-June 2015.
    (source: http://www.leichtathletik.de/fileadm...L-EF_FH_HG.pdf )

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tamabi View Post
    German multi-eventers can also earn a selection by scoring more than 8200/6200 points in one of three multi-events meets happening in May-June 2015.
    (source: http://www.leichtathletik.de/fileadm...L-EF_FH_HG.pdf )
    Well, i guess your German is not as good as your French? ;-) Those ZERO athletes who placed in the first two in Zürich, would need 8200/6250 points in Ulm/Götzis or Ratingen to qualify. The actual German standards are 8150/6150 and the winners in Ratingen automatically qualifies if they score 8350/6400 Points. I didnt quote the whole criteria, since my posting was about pointless criteria, not German WC selections.
    Last edited by norunner; 01-16-2015 at 08:26 AM.

9. Collapse Details

No it is not ;p (and I regret it, "Voraussetzung" is a stupid word ;p)

French selection criteria for Beijing haven't been disclosed yet. However, the criteria for the Euros indoor are pretty straight-forward (reach a qualifying marks before February 22. Overall marks, ranking during the French indoor and medals obtained last year will be taken into consideration in case more than 3 people reach the qualifying mark) and the World's criteria should be similar.