Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

ATK

ATK is offline Senior Member
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday 05:51 PM Report Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgecock View Post

I love the way Spammer studiously avoids ever mentioning the elephant in the room: the fact that Gatlin is an unrepentant doper who somehow got away with two positive tests during his career and managed to avoid a lifetime suspension. Let's face it - 26 years after that memorable 100m final in Seoul, the sprints at elite level are soaked in drug use. How many of these guys could run sub 10.00 without doping?

What does that have to do with whether or not Gatlin will be able to race in Rio or not?

If Gatlin qualifies for the US Olympic team, of course he will be able to race in Rio in 2016. Before that there is a World Championship in Beijing, which doubtless will see more than a few reinstated dopers like him settling into the blocks for the sprint races.

2. Collapse Details

Gatlins biggest opponent won't be Bolt. It'll be USADA and WADA.

The whole JD/Gay affair and now what is happening with the IAAF and Russia, high profile dopers need to watch their step. My personal view is that Gatlin is not training legally. Therefore he needs to worry about more than Bolt

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella2 View Post

The whole JD/Gay affair and now what is happening with the IAAF and Russia, high profile dopers need to watch their step. My personal view is that Gatlin is not training legally. Therefore he needs to worry about more than Bolt
    Gabriella, since you specifically directed your post at Gatlin, do you have any evidence that Gatlin hasn't been training legally and that Bolt or any other elite sprinter has?

If any athlete is using banned PEDs, I hope they get caught and punished, But there's always the possibility that certain athletes have been more careful, or have had better medical advice, or have been "luckier", or have been able to train in an environment in the past that's more conducive to avoiding PED detection, that has enabled them to avoid testing positive so far. In my opinion at least, making assumptions and posting about who's training legally (and who isn't) just isn't warranted (or fair), considering all the specifics and fine details of how doping works. Just as you posted your own opinion about Gatlin though, that's also just my opinion..

4. Collapse Details

I specifically directed my post at Gatlin because this thread is about Gatlin. Happy to talk about who else I think is doped, but that may be better done over direct message.

What evidence do I have? The evidence of my own eyes, of common sense, of his past history, of him running better now than when we know he was doping blah blah blah.

I don't want to hear any nonsense or defence of him, or innocent till proven guilty (because he has been proven guilty) or any reformed character rubbish. I accept he's back within the rules o the sport but I don't like it. And I don't like silly fans wetting their pants in excitement at his and Gays return to the sport and relishing their next head to head. In fact it makes me vomit.

5. Collapse Details

Gatlin is not using PED's or anything like that. The first failed test was for Ritalyn, an ADD drug he took since he was little. Thousands of kids take it. I think the article explains the second one he was framed by a teammate or something like that. A big thing that helps him now is Vertimax, completely 100% legal:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCahr18qB6E
    It seems like a really neat device. Marvin Bracy uses it too if I'm not mistaken. It allows them to get more explosive without over bulking up. Watch out for Bracy in the future as well.
    Last edited by spammer; 12-30-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

6. Collapse Details

You made the same type of baseless irresponsible comments regarding Ethiopian and Kenyan runners after Jeptoo's positive. It's obvious that you have an agenda...facts and proof be damned.

7. Collapse Details

Like Gabriella2 I am not overjoyed with Gatlin and Gay being in the frame. However, making such allegations without any evidence whatsoever is not acceptable. As a High Court Justice said to government officers in a case in New Zealand that I was involved in "you have every right to be suspicious but until you have some actual evidence you cannot take actions against people just because you suspect they might be doing something unlawful". Also without evidence one opens up oneself to being justifiably sued for defamation.

8. Collapse Details

What evidence do I have? The evidence of my own eyes, of common sense, of his past history, of him running better now than when we know he was doping blah blah blah.
    I don't want to hear any nonsense or defence of him, or innocent till proven guilty
    Hatas gonna hate.

Hitchen's Razor pertains:

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

9. Collapse Details

This argument works both ways. One could say Gatlin's biggest potential asset for gold in 2016 is USADA and WADA (i.e. eliminating the competition). He's currently taking and passing (and, by you're assumption, duping) all the same tests as everyone else.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Hatas gonna hate.

Hitchen's Razor pertains:

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
    Splendid. I am going to use that on a regular basis.