Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Support Youth Track and Field
    Hello, my name is Andriana and I want to share my story with you. I have been running track for a few years now and it has changed my life. Although young, I am mature beyond my years. My track club has taught me many life lessons including hard work, proper nutrition and a positive attitude. i owe so much to my track club called Flying Angels. There is currently a contest going on and the top 5 entrants win some funding. I respectfully ask that you take the minute it takes to vote for my club. This is a wonderful organization thatís doing great work with youth including under privileged kids. There is a short video with more information about this amazing organization.Thank you so much for your support. I greatly appreciate your efforts. Have a wonderful day.
    http://www.gameontoronto.ca/entry/20...n-Track-Track-

2. Collapse Details

Thank you to those that have already voted. You are making a difference. I have a question as well please. I am a 200M and 400M runner and I train hard four days a week and compete on most weekends. I have been experiencing pains in my hip and I am getting different evaluations from doctors. One says that I just need rest and another says that I need orthotics in my shoes. Anyone have any advice for me?

3. Collapse Details

This is a matter that is hard to diagnose from a distance. Orthotics can seem to work wonders when it is exactly the right answer to a problem (and even then some problems have developed because of them and do not immediately disappear). However, not only is that true only in a relatively modest number of cases, it is completely unclear if it is relevant to your case (and getting appropriate orthotics can be a rather expensive route to go). Further, we do not even know your age, size, etc. Someone closer to you needs to address such questions, in my opinion. However, be cautious of someone pushing 'easy answers', because it is easy to believe them because that is what you want.

4. Collapse Details

Yes, orthotics is costly which is something I want to research first before I go with it. If I know it will help me with my running and my hip, I'm happy to pay for it but I'm not convinced that it's a sure thing. My age is 14 and I have a slim/athletic build. I think I will ask for a third opinion. I have tried resting my hip in the past and it helps but when I begin pushing myself again, the pain come back. I try avoiding resting too long because it affects my performance. This is so frustrating!!

5. Collapse Details

Has a possibility of Perthes syndrome been ruled out? It is more common in males, but needs to be considered. Was your hip X-rayed?
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

6. Collapse Details

Of wow! I have never heard of this but the symptoms are similar. The pain sometimes goes down to my knee too. I will certainly bring this up with my doctor. Thank you!

7. Collapse Details

Only 2 days left in this contest and my track club is 7th. We need to be 5th to get funding. We are so close. Please take a minute to vote for my track club please. Just click on the link and click on the "vote" tab. It's that simple. Thank you so much!
    http://www.gameontoronto.ca/entry/20...n-Track-Track-

8. Collapse Details

Today is the last day to vote. Any support will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much.
    http://www.gameontoronto.ca/entry/20...et=4&sort=hits DESC, id ASC&channel=26645