Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Who is most likely to be a three time Olympic 100m champion in Rio?
    Usain Bolt or Shelly Ann Fraser?

My bet is on Bolt.

2. Collapse Details

I have a feeling neither will win the 100 in Rio in 2016.

3. Collapse Details

Even with new stars on the women's side, I still think SAFP is the most likely winner, even if the odds are less than 50%. Bolt is still probably closer to 50% or more, as one of his most likely prime competitors has been so poor this year that it calls in to question his chances of beating him (The Beast).

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleRBar View Post
    I have a feeling neither will win the 100 in Rio in 2016.
    Who do you think will beat them?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Even with new stars on the women's side, I still think SAFP is the most likely winner, even if the odds are less than 50%. Bolt is still probably closer to 50% or more, as one of his most likely prime competitors has been so poor this year that it calls in to question his chances of beating him (The Beast).
    I am surprised you say that. I thought Torrie Bowie was the odds on favorite by most board posters here?

You don't expect Gatlin to challenge Bolt in Rio? He is the No. 1 sprinter this year.

6. Collapse Details

Two years is a long time and a lot can happen in those 24 months. That includes injuries, new sprint stars, and various other things. Can't say right now who will win in Rio, but I believe the odds are against both in the 2016 100.

7. Collapse Details

Hard for both. I think SAFP has a better chance than Bolt. Going to be real tough, especially for SAFP.

8. Collapse Details

If history has anything to do with it both SAFP and Bolt will be back to winning ways when a major championship is on the line. The only times SAFP has lost a major is when she was injured (2011) and she came 4th. Bolt FS'd in his race in 2011 so it's yet to be seen what he could have done there.

SAFP showed (with her indoor season performance) that she still can put down a fast time. And truth be told until someone is able to consistently pull out 10.7x's or lower the odds are with her to defend. Women tend to reach their 'peak' later than men when it comes to sprinting and truth be told I don't think she SAFP has peaked yet. I believe part of SAFP's 'lacking' performances in the outdoor season has more to do with her and her coach experimenting. For one they did am indoor season and two they also were changing stuff up to incorporate a lot more 200's in her regiment this year. Both seemed to not have worked out great for her and caused her injury woes. With that being said though she is still likely to get in 10.8x's this year which is a foreboding sign to all. If you aren't ready to run a 10.7low or faster I don't think anyone will beat her in Rio. Thus far no one has shown the propensity to do that in a major championship final to beat her when she is fully fit.

Bolt now is Bolt. I fear that he peaked back in 2009 but that being said he is still head and shoulders above everyone (and I do mean everyone) at the 100 and 200 when fit. He won't be resting on his laurels next year and especially 2016.

9. Collapse Details

With 2 years to go it's impossible to make any sensible predictions but they both seem a pretty good bet to me.

10. Collapse Details

As good as SAFP is, she is not Bolt like in the 100m.

Bolt is Bolt. If your going to make any future major champ predictions Bolt and Valerie Adams would be the only 2 good safe bets to make.