Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Ben Johnson is clean now and running very fast at 50+ years old (with video)
    I was really impressed with how fast Ben Johnson still is. I know it might seem like this is better for the "things not t and f" forum, but he is clean now and from this evidence, aging very well. He talks to young people about not using drugs. The guy can still sprint and make it look smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAiX1RGp4II

2. Collapse Details

Impressed too. I would bet he is in better condition/shape/(much) faster than his adversaries "in the day". Is there anyone @ 50 - or somewhat younger that could rival him in what the video documents? That's as much a question as it is a statement.

3. Collapse Details

He looks great against a slow guy.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by no one View Post
    Impressed too. I would bet he is in better condition/shape/(much) faster than his adversaries "in the day". Is there anyone @ 50 - or somewhat younger that could rival him in what the video documents? That's as much a question as it is a statement.
    You mean, Johnson is faster than Willie Gault?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spammer View Post
    he is clean now
    Not to be argumentative but how can you be sure?

6. Collapse Details

I pretty sure I said "That's as much a question as it is a statement." For which I'm assuming Willie Gault has been the solitary suggestion so far ...

7. Collapse Details

i think Gault ran 11 something as a Masters runner? Who knows what Johnson runs or can run?

8. Collapse Details

In the video, which looks like was electronically timed, he runs a 4.40 30m dash, so that should come out to around 11.96, using this resource from CharlieFrancis.com, which is actually a pretty decent messageboard if you like the 100m dash but don't want to get bogged down with all the other events.

http://www.charliefrancis.com/commun...lit-data/page5

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by no one View Post
    i think Gault ran 11 something as a Masters runner? Who knows what Johnson runs or can run?
    Ran a 10.88 when he was 50.

10. Collapse Details

You'd think by now he would have moved on to other things. Not too much demand for 50 year old sprinters.