Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tyson thursday?!
    Tyson Gay listed on the start list of Lausanne. LaWow.
    Are there ANY indications of his fitness? I can't believe he is just jumping straight to a DL race.
    Not even a Clermont trial?
    Anyway, I know many others may feel differently. But I sure hope he comes out with a screamer.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Tyson thursday?!
    VCB was rusty when she started her season in Sopot at WIC even if she improved in each round. She was not at her best in May but nowe she clocked many sub 11 and is already among the very best. I expect both him and Asafa Powell to be in 10-10.10 shape; don't forget their huge talent, I doubt the would compete to run 10 mid.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBaroo
    Tyson Gay listed on the start list of Lausanne. LaWow.
    Are there ANY indications of his fitness? I can't believe he is just jumping straight to a DL race.
    Not even a Clermont trial?
    Anyway, I know many others may feel differently. But I sure hope he comes out with a screamer.
    I'm ready to see really good sprinting start this season. Is there any other "top performer"
    listed for this meet? How soon before Gay and Gatlin hook it up?

4. Collapse Details
    Preliminary 100 start list includes

Gay, Gatlin, Rodgers, Collins, and Bailey-Cole.

5. Collapse Details
    I sure hope he comes out with a screamer.
    Can I ask why?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella
    Can I ask why?
    I've met him. He was humble and kind.
    When he was caught, he didn't whine and moan about "being tricked'. He simply said he trusted someone he shouldn't have. To me, that's about as honest, upstanding and forthright as we've seen.
    I'll never forget the pall that came over the stadium the moment Tyson pulled up in the 200 heats at the 2008 OT's. Been wishing him well since them.
    And ultimately, if he runs a "screamer" it'll confirm his natural talents vs whatever it was he was taking/rubbing on before.

Just one man's opinion.

7. Collapse Details
    Can I ask why?
    When he was caught, he didn't whine and moan about "being tricked'. He simply said he trusted someone he shouldn't have. To me, that's about as honest, upstanding and forthright as we've seen.
    I'll never forget the pall that came over the stadium the moment Tyson pulled up in the 200 heats at the 2008 OT's. Been wishing him well since them.
    And ultimately, if he runs a "screamer" it'll confirm his natural talents vs whatever it was he was taking/rubbing on before.

Just one man's opinion.
    John Drummond would have another opinion. :|
    "Sprintin' ain't easy,baby !

8. Collapse Details
    Seeing bans of around a year strike me as a much saner approach to this problem. I am glad to see him as well as various Jamaicans back running.

Track h has hurt itself enough without trying to destroy the few known marquee names that remain.

As I have said many times before, test all you want before the race and when it is time to compete, whoever is the winner within the normal period of protest, is the winner.

9. Collapse Details
    When he was caught, he didn't whine and moan about "being tricked'. He simply said he trusted someone he shouldn't have. To me, that's about as honest, upstanding and forthright as we've seen. .
    As trusting and as honest as we've seen...from whom? Convicted dopers? Maybe. But I prefer the honesty and upstanding characters of those that do not cheat in the first place.

And ultimately, if he runs a "screamer" it'll confirm his natural talents vs whatever it was he was taking/rubbing on before. Just one man's opinion.
    Are you saying PEDs/steroids don't improve an athletes peformance then? Or just not in Gay's case? You're also making some assumptions about his conduct post ban. One cannot assume an athlete will come back clean, or dirty.

But yes, we're all entitled to our opinions.

10. Collapse Details
    When he was caught, he didn't whine and moan about "being tricked'. He simply said he trusted someone he shouldn't have. To me, that's about as honest, upstanding and forthright as we've seen. .
    As trusting and as honest as we've seen...from whom? Convicted dopers? Maybe. But I prefer the honesty and upstanding characters of those that do not cheat in the first place.

And ultimately, if he runs a "screamer" it'll confirm his natural talents vs whatever it was he was taking/rubbing on before. Just one man's opinion.
    Are you saying PEDs/steroids don't improve an athletes peformance then? Or just not in Gay's case? You're also making some assumptions about his conduct post ban. One cannot assume an athlete will come back clean, or dirty.

But yes, we're all entitled to our opinions.

So says the lady who glorifies the athletes from the former Eastern Bloc.

Talk about selective righteousness :roll: