Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    on living in the Midwest
    Shitty weather in dying states. What's not to love about going to school in the Midwest?

Most of the states in the Big 10 are where you escape from. They are not destinations.
    Last edited by gh; 10-08-2014 at 04:10 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Brown View Post
    Shitty weather in dying states. What's not to love about going to school in the Midwest?

Most of the states in the Big 10 are where you escape from. They are not destinations.
    We like living in Wisconsin.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

3. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    We like living in Wisconsin.
    I have to agree with Pego. The spectacular natural beauty of rural Michigan, Wisconsin or Minnesota and other areas of the northern Midwest are unmatched.

4. Collapse Details

I have been everywhere in the US at all seasons and every place has good and bad features....I understand how people become acclimated and attached to where ever they live .. that said, when I had a choice, I settled in a temperate climate .. admittedly, affected by birthplace, family and alma mater...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Brown View Post

Easy there, son of the south. I live in Texas, but I miss Ohio, its weather, its people. There are great things and great people everywhere. Just because you can't handle a little cold weather doesn't mean people elsewhere don't enjoy it...Cooter.
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 10-08-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

6. Collapse Details
    where in the U.S. do you want to live?
    Administrator
    that conversation on the Big 10 thread needed spinning off

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    I have to agree with Pego. The spectacular natural beauty of rural Michigan, Wisconsin or Minnesota and other areas of the northern Midwest are unmatched.
    Have you been to the rural parts of New England and Upstate New York? How about the Blue Ridge Parkway and the hilly regions of Western Virginia & North Carolina? The Rockies? Yosemite? The Grand Canyon? There's a lot of natural beauty in this country.

8. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Have you been to the rural parts of New England and Upstate New York? How about the Blue Ridge Parkway and the hilly regions of Western Virginia & North Carolina? The Rockies? Yosemite? The Grand Canyon? There's a lot of natural beauty in this country.
    That was my point exactly and I totally agree, and have lived in a few of those places.. I regret suggesting the upper Midwest outshines all of them but areas of the Upper Midwest are on par with more than a few of the most beautiful spots in the country. There is something very special about areas with deep lakes. Perhaps my use of the word "unmatched" is hyperbole. My apologies.
    Last edited by user4; 10-08-2014 at 09:50 PM.