Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: 2014 USATF: w400 - Francena McCorory 49.48 (WL; 5, x US
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuiTai
    Again liking the potential for an outstanding 4x4 group next year.
    The problem is getting four girls to bring their "A" game at the same time, which is earlier said than done. There are at least five Americans (Sanya, Allyson, McCorory, Trotter and Hastings) who are capable of contributing to a WR effort, but I don't ever recall all of them being at or near PR shape at the same time.
    Do you really think that a sub 3:16 is possible, with the US probably being so far ahead after the 2nd leg? I've noticed that over the years, a few of the 3rd/4th leg runners of the US 4x400 run fast enought just to win, not to break the record. In direct contrast to 1993 USA Men 4x400 when MJ ran a 42.9. Each leg was running all out, no coasting..... I sure do miss those days...LOL... :lol:

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by notlef70
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuiTai
    Again liking the potential for an outstanding 4x4 group next year.
    The problem is getting four girls to bring their "A" game at the same time, which is earlier said than done. There are at least five Americans (Sanya, Allyson, McCorory, Trotter and Hastings) who are capable of contributing to a WR effort, but I don't ever recall all of them being at or near PR shape at the same time.
    Do you really think that a sub 3:16 is possible, with the US probably being so far ahead after the 2nd leg? I've noticed that over the years, a few of the 3rd/4th leg runners of the US 4x400 run fast enought just to win, not to break the record. In direct contrast to 1993 USA Men 4x400 when MJ ran a 42.9. Each leg was running all out, no coasting..... I sure do miss those days...LOL... :lol:
    They ran 3:16.87 in London, and McCorory is better now, but Allyson is now a question mark, and regularly ran the fastest leg on our sub-3:20 teams. It's pretty hit-or-miss, because there are so few races for the national teams in the relays.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA

3. Collapse Details
    What happens next year If the US potentially have 4 women who line up in the 400 flat and actually run under 50secs. Will Allyson still be able to claim her second leg ?

4. Collapse Details
    Any of four of them that can run 48.x can bump her...

5. Collapse Details
    SRR is clearly confident about her recovery/stamina. She's listed to start in the DL 400m in Paris this weekend:

http://www.diamondleague-paris.com/en/L ... 00m-Women/

McCorory isn't

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235
    We're jumping ahead of ourselves here. Let's wait and see who is in what form next season. If There are 4 women who have run sub 50 and Felix hasn't, and she has either not raced them head to head or has and lost, then I would give the spot to those 4 women.
    She was injured in Moscow and has been underpar this season. Let's see if she can get back to a good 400m, as you can't go by what she ran 3 years ago (come Beijing 2015) as that wouldn't be fair on the others.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella
    We're jumping ahead of ourselves here. Let's wait and see who is in what form next season. If There are 4 women who have run sub 50 and Felix hasn't, and she has either not raced them head to head or has and lost, then I would give the spot to those 4 women.
    She was injured in Moscow and has been underpar this season. Let's see if she can get back to a good 400m, as you can't go by what she ran 3 years ago (come Beijing 2015) as that wouldn't be fair on the others.
    There are probably 5 women who would probably be able to run sub 50 next year.

McCrorry
    SRR
    Felix
    Spencer
    Okolo

Spencer and Okolo are guesses but even if they did, I actually cannot imagine them bumping Felix off the team unless they ran a 48 like 26 said.

Felix got injured. Athletes get injured, have bad years and come back. Infinite list to name. (see Sayna for starters...)

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK

McCrorry
    SRR
    Felix
    Spencer
    Okolo

Spencer and Okolo are guesses but even if they did, I actually cannot imagine them bumping Felix off the team unless they ran a 48 like 26 said.

Felix got injured. Athletes get injured, have bad years and come back. Infinite list to name. (see Sayna for starters...)
    I wonder if Okolo is going to run for Nigeria.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK

McCrorry
    SRR
    Felix
    Spencer
    Okolo

What about Hastings and Trotter?

10. Collapse Details
    Baisden and Phyllis Francis are close, too.

Kamaria Brown