Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: 2014 USATF: w1500--Jenny Simpson 4:04.96
    big fan of Uceny ...... and Simpson ...... and Cain. I wish I could work with Uceny for one week - quite sure it would make 'some' difference and perhaps remedy all of the falling. As per others there is something amiss and don't think it is bad luck. I do think she could have a pretty good go At Simpson, although she is very strong last lap 200/100/50. Uceny has had great finishing speed if not for ....

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s
    Yes, maybe something else like failing to react and move away after feeling the first hit. Or different positioning to avoid being hit in the first place. Whatever it is, it's something she and her coach need to figure out, or it will happen again soon.
    So what is the proper adjustment after you are hit once? Moving away from the runner behind you is not easy as moving away from the one in front.

3. Collapse Details
    Uceny apparently filed a protest, but claiming who did what I do not know. From her FB page:

"Nothing came out of the protest I made yesterday. Maybe it wasn't intentional, but it's unfair that the racer who tripped me has zero consequences while I lose out on another championship race. I didn't step on anyone, and I didn't trip myself. Thankful not to have suffered any injury though, and am heading to Europe on Wednesday for more races!"

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay
    Uceny apparently filed a protest, but claiming who did what I do not know. From her FB page:

"Nothing came out of the protest I made yesterday. Maybe it wasn't intentional, but it's unfair that the racer who tripped me has zero consequences while I lose out on another championship race. I didn't step on anyone, and I didn't trip myself. Thankful not to have suffered any injury though, and am heading to Europe on Wednesday for more races!"
    Right on, sister!!
    Right on, right on, RIGHT ONNNNN!!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by no one
    I wish I could work with Uceny for one week - quite sure it would make 'some' difference and perhaps remedy all of the falling.
    Do you coach gymnastics, hand-to-hand combat, boxing...?