Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: 2014 USATF: w1500--Jenny Simpson 4:04.96
    Great win for Simpson but man (as the say down here in the South) "you can't make that sh*t up!" regarding Uceny.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Duncan
    Great win for Simpson but man (as the say down here in the South) "you can't make that sh*t up!" regarding Uceny.
    The only good point was she got up off the mat and finished.

Great win for Simpson and nice race for Cain who let simpson get away but came back on her a bit.

3. Collapse Details
    Sort of like Masback's tech. point about Simpson, I think Cain looks technically better this year too with not nearly as much arm crossing/excessive shoulder rotation as last year.

4. Collapse Details
    Wonderful race for the top 3. I cannot believe Morgan fell again. I thought she was perfectly placed to avoid any problems and finish strong.

5. Collapse Details
    Dang!!! .. I don't believe in omens or karma or pre-destiny or bad luck or ouija boards but what is up with Uceny ????? She has become one of my sentimental favorites because she seems truly snakebit in major competition..

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    Dang!!! .. I don't believe in omens or karma or pre-destiny or bad luck or ouija boards but what is up with Uceny ????? She has become one of my sentimental favorites because she seems truly snakebit in major competition..
    I replayed it several times and I don't think it's coincidence that she keeps going down. She clipped the other runner, not the other way around. I think she causes her own problems.

7. Collapse Details
    Well, my prediction (see earlier post) was good for the first two.

And I got the winning time (somewhere between 3:56 and 4:26) right on the MONEY!!! :P

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    I replayed it several times and I don't think it's coincidence that she keeps going down. She clipped the other runner, not the other way around. I think she causes her own problems.
    She has to begin to look at herself at this point. David Kiprop has more back-kick than any middle distance runner I've ever seen, but yet he be never goes down.

9. Collapse Details
    I had earlier told my wife that the athletes were "dropping like flies" after Batman went down in the 400H. Then Morgan and finally Ash in the 110H.

It's been pretty ugly out there the past few days between the falls and people getting injured or whatever before the finals. (Dukes, Bowie, Price, Merritt, and on and on)

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    I'm not so sure . . . I think her falls may be coincidence. In this latest instance, she said she was hit three times from behind before she went down.