Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: ¶2014 NCAA: w4x1—Texas A&M 42.80 (CL)
    Ditto what houstonian said. Valleyrunner should quit with the conspiracy theories.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonian
    There is so much of substance to be said about this event at NCAAs (trends, patterns, displays of courage, etc). Yet, the silence is deafening.
    Let me offer this: there are no excuses in the 4x100, or at the ncaa meet at all, for that matter. If one's team fails to make the final, you own it and fight another day. Every coach would kill for a single point, because in the end, one knows it may well come down to that. No one would tank a point and NO TEAM, especially one that is seeking a title, would forsake "2-3" points, FOR ANY REASON. Points are hard to come by and treated as such.
    If a coach is honorable, it is preposterous to suggest they would tank a 4x100, to save face, or to save effort, for any honorable athlete, when a single point is to be had.

To suggest otherwise is to accuse a coach of malpractice, and worse, dishonor.
    Shame on ANYONE for even remotely suggesting that Oregon (and specifically Coach Johnson and Coach Taylor) would have so little integrity! You should be ashamed of your excuse making self. Turn in your Duck card, please.

By definition, the squad that lines up for the NCAA semi has every intent of scoring in the final. Everyone gets that. Everyone, that is, who plays in the game.

Ditto!!!

3. Collapse Details
    I was at the meet. No less than 20 coaches all saying what I posted here. I stand 100% behind what I say. No conspiracy theories. I posted the quote from Prandini who was quite open about the benefit of her not having to run the relay. How many questioning me actually saw the race? Saw the very last minute tape change by Phyllis Francis after runners were in the blocks?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyrunner
    I was at the meet. No less than 20 coaches all saying what I posted here. I stand 100% behind what I say. No conspiracy theories. I posted the quote from Prandini who was quite open about the benefit of her not having to run the relay. How many questioning me actually saw the race? Saw the very last minute tape change by Phyllis Francis after runners were in the blocks?
    Sir, I saw the race better than you. If athletes change tape at the last moment, that is an attempt to salvage the moment, not to give in. It is your prerogative to ignore the rules of engagement which I have outlined.
    Taylor and Johnson, men I know well, would never tarnish their only product, which is competitive effort. Turn in your Duck card.
    One more thing: if 20 coaches agree with you, that is why they are sitting in the stands with you.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyrunner
    What do you mean by 20 coaches? If you're saying that 20 Oregon coaches said that they tanked the 4x100 on purpose, you're full of crap because neither Oregon or any other school has 20 coaches on its track and field staff. Saying that Wallace was hurt is one thing but saying that Oregon deliberately botched their 4x100 heat sounds like something you've made up.