Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: 2014 NCAA: w400—Texas has terrific quartet
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK
    Quote Originally Posted by notlef70
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK
    Spencer out.... So big hit for Texas here and in the 4x4....
    Nah, Akinosun can run a solid 400, so Texas is Ok in the 4x400. They may not win though, but 3:27 is reasonable without Spencer. :mrgreen: They will get at least 10 points out of the 400 meters....
    She is not making up for the loss of Spencer's leg.
    They may not win the 4x400 without Spencer, but if they make it to the final, they will be in the top 4, unlike Oregon in the 4x100!!!

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, but if Oregon now beats them in the 4x400 that is a four point swing, plus the changes in the open 400.

3. Collapse Details
    Re: 2014 NCAA: w400—Texas loses Spencer in heats
    Administrator
    formchart damage

1. Courtney Okolo Texas So
    2. Phyllis Francis Oregon Sr
    4. Kendall Baisden Texas Fr
    5. Robin Reynolds Florida So
    8. Kiara Porter Va Commonwealth Jr
    9. Briana Nelson Texas Sr

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboElliott
    And Francis won't get a prime lane choice because she sandbagged at the end.
    Francis positively never "sandbag(s) at the end'. She chills in the first half, to a fault sometimes, but never does she spare effort when the finish line is in sight. Consider the possibility she is just not in form. It is completely against character for her to lose a place in the final meters...... just sayin.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonian
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboElliott
    And Francis won't get a prime lane choice because she sandbagged at the end.
    Francis positively never "sandbag(s) at the end'. She chills in the first half, to a fault sometimes, but never does she spare effort when the finish line is in sight. Consider the possibility she is just not in form. It is completely against character for her to lose a place in the final meters...... just sayin.
    She simply let up 5 meters before the line because she thought she was safe. Like most athletes do in preliminary rounds...

She just happened to not be safe. She will end up in lane 1 or 8 if seeding is it has always been. Unless they change it to IAAF standards, then she would be in 1 or 2...

6. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    Francis clearly gave it up in the last 5m and almost paid the price.

I didn't see it, but an observer I trust said she should have been nailed for on-the-line violation on one of the curves. Heard a similar story after the Regional, so wondering if she's leadeing a charmed life.

7. Collapse Details
    Francis was clearly inside the line. Heard she was at regionals and even conference. Now has to race out of lane 1 or 8 in the final. Gonna make it a very interesting race.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyrunner
    Francis was clearly inside the line. Heard she was at regionals and even conference. Now has to race out of lane 1 or 8 in the final. Gonna make it a very interesting race.
    There was someone recently (in the past 2-3 weeks or so)----can't remember the name, but I think it was in the 400H----who won a race from lane one??

Does anyone know who I'm talking about??
    I remember that she wasn't expected to win, and especially not from lane one!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronk
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyrunner
    There was someone recently (in the past 2-3 weeks or so)----can't remember the name, but I think it was in the 400H----who won a race from lane one??

Does anyone know who I'm talking about??
    I remember that she wasn't expected to win, and especially not from lane one!
    Kemi Adekoya

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronk
    There was someone recently (in the past 2-3 weeks or so) ...who won a race from lane one??
    I will 'bow' to that. 8-)