Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Payton Jordan Cardinal Invitational
    Post above says that she was born November 1994 so not a junior, but 1994 is rather old for a current high school student. Is that comment correct?

2nd AT HS, 4th AT US Junior. Looking forward to an epic race with Efraimson.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235
    Post above says that she was born November 1994 so not a junior, but 1994 is rather old for a current high school student. Is that comment correct?

Post referred to Erin Finn.
    Elise born 5-9-96 (per IAAF Athle te Profile http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/united-sta ... nny-281607). Happy Birthday Elise (on Friday).

3. Collapse Details

tilastopaja.org and IAAF list Elise Cranny as born 8 May 96 which is much more likely for a HSer

4:10.95 would have put her in Top 10 junior women in world last year (and it leads the outdoor list for 2014)

4. Collapse Details
    Note re Erin Finn: now a collegiate athlete (frosh, U Michigan).

Huddle's 30:47.59 is noteworthy: It is a ~40 second PB, from her 31:27.12 (2008). Moreover, it makes her #2 performer, #4 performance on USA a-t list.

Also, PB for Hasay (previous 31:46.42 from July 2013) & Conley (previous 32:00.94, from this meet in 2012).

In the w5000, big PB by Katie Mackey -- she ran 15:23.65 at this meet last year. Similar for Laura Thweatt, who ran 15:23.43 at Stanford Invite a month ago. And Aisling Cuffe, PB by more than a minute (previous 16:15.53, from last year)! Cuffe's performance makes her #3 a-t on the collegiate list (#2 USA collegian).

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Duncan
    9 Matthew Centrowitz Nike Oregon Project 13:20.06

Centro's debut?
    Debut, no. PR, yes.

He was US Junior Champ at 5k in 2008
    I believe his old personal best was 13:47.73 in 2010.

6. Collapse Details
    13:02 is a fair bit better, and he did not do too well after that race, if I remember correctly.
    His progression has been 13:30 to 13:11 to now 13:02. True's progression has been similar. So not that odd that he'd take a jump. If "disappearing" from mid July, if that, to February of this year is the way it needs to be labeled to explain some not paying attention then so be it.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutra5
    13:02 is a fair bit better, and he did not do too well after that race, if I remember correctly.
    His progression has been 13:30 to 13:11 to now 13:02. True's progression has been similar. So not that odd that he'd take a jump. If "disappearing" from mid July, if that, to February of this year is the way it needs to be labeled to explain some not paying attention then so be it.
    Agreed. Running 13:11 at Heusden and then "disappearing" describes pretty much everyone who runs a SB at Heusden and is not on the WC/OG team.

8. Collapse Details
    Cuffe ran 15:53 earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po
    And Aisling Cuffe, PB by more than a minute (previous 16:15.53, from last year)! Cuffe's performance makes her #3 a-t on the collegiate list (#2 USA collegian).

9. Collapse Details
    Cuffe's 15:11.13 edges out the one and only Abbey D's 15:11.35 from last year as the fastest time by an active Collegian!
    Should make for quite a race (at NCAA's), especially when you add Marielle Hall's 15:19 and even Erin Finn's 15:26 to the mix!
    Finn's time missed the Frosh Class record by just 0.73 (Alicia Craig's 15:25.35 in 2003).
    She's the best Collegiate Freshman this year.

Sara Galimberti, the Italian beauty who won Heat 3 of the 5K in 15:55.0, broke her previous best by 46 seconds!
    And she looked great (athletically speaking!! :roll: ) in doing so.
    My guess is, she has a lot more in her.
    She's "college age" about 21 or 22, and is a model and beauty contest winner in Italy.
    Doesn't seem to have hurt her running!!

Finally, kudoes to Flotrack for excellent coverage on the livestream.
    No technical issues, good commentating, and great camera work.
    Maybe the best Flotrack performance I've seen!
    Well worth the $19.99, even if I watch nothing else over the next 30 days!!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronk
    Sara Galimberti, the Italian beauty who won Heat 3 of the 5K in 15:55.0, broke her previous best by 46 seconds!
    And she looked great (athletically speaking!! :roll: ) in doing so.
    My guess is, she has a lot more in her.
    She's "college age" about 21 or 22, and is a model and beauty contest winner in Italy.
    Doesn't seem to have hurt her running!
    When I saw her on the track and compared her trim appearance to the other gals, I kinda thought that she would eventually pass the others. I was already thinking "model" from looking at those legs. 8-)

She was in the Miss Italy beauty pageant at one point, but lost. She's also on many of those idiotic Internet lists of "hottest" female athletes, where track is typically way under represented.

You can see her PRs at http://www.all-athletics.com/node/176870