Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Liliya Shobukhova banned for two years
    Quote Originally Posted by Pego
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronk
    Not really complaining, but because of Shobukhova, I now am forced to change my T&F Record Book in the following ways:

A new Age 33 record for the Women's Marathon.
    A new Russian National record.
    Someone to fill spot # 24 on my Top 24 Performers list.

Oh woe is me!! :lol: :lol:
    You keep separate records for each year of age :shock: ?
    Yes!
    For more info on what's in my 600 page book, see the thread with my book's title as its title.....Aaron K's Track and Field Record Book.
    It's somewhere on this Message Board.....and goes into a bit of detail on my book.

But yes, I keep individual year age records from Age 17 through Age 40....and separate records for indoor and outdoor, and of course men and women!!

That's what my blog is about too!!

2. Collapse Details
    What does it mean that she will have to pay back her fraudulent winnings? Who enforces that? The Russian IRS?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pickle47
    What does it mean that she will have to pay back her fraudulent winnings? Who enforces that? The Russian IRS?
    I guess it is the same process as what Dwain Chambers had to do.

The question I have is Russia seem to be enforcing the rules here, but how did Turkey ignore the Biological passport stuff in some of their cases?

4. Collapse Details
    Yeh, assuming Shobukhova doesn't ever plan to compete again internationally, good luck getting back appearance and prize money.

5. Collapse Details
    Well, it looks like there is an actual specific contract and that she is now in violation of the terms of that contract, so she could get sued, and she is very likely to lose that suit. They might have a hard time getting all of their money back, but it will be a bit harder for her to forever be fighting such a judgement. And, the Russian Federation is probably not going to want to be seeing as helping her.

You might look at it this way; it might mean her competitive career is over because she cannot compete in many key events - the WMM are out until she starts to repay, as are IAAF meets until she satisfies that debt. :P

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kritzler
    Yeh, assuming Shobukhova doesn't ever plan to compete again internationally, good luck getting back appearance and prize money.
    She recently said she was planning to return in 2015 but I'm not sure if she knew about the ban then. Either way, the 2y ban is a farce seeing as she was pregnant last year and had no intentions to compete!

The big $ WMM races won't touch her with a barge pole now, although the Japanese races still freely do business with that group of runners.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    WADA/IAAF have confirmed a "whisteleblower" reduction in her penalty; her penalty ended yesterday

8. Collapse Details

The "whistleblower" is a great way out. Give up the delivery man and get a good reduction. Almost should be part of the original doping plan... find the best scapegoat for when the knock at the door happens.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    WADA/IAAF have confirmed a "whisteleblower" reduction in her penalty; her penalty ended yesterday
    Is this similar to the manner they treated Tyson Gay's testimony? I wonder if her testimony was critical in the various PED bans given other Russian athletes.