Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Flotrack now charging for video
    I have unliked them from my Facebook. They were great when I saw them as track junkies and fans of the sport.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Flotrack now charging for video
    Again reinforcing that track and field fans are the cheapest people in the world of fandom. Nothing in life is free, ultimately.

3. Collapse Details
    It's also not new. I think it's been about a year since they first began doing so.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gm
    Again reinforcing that track and field fans are the cheapest people in the world of fandom. Nothing in life is free, ultimately.
    I understand charging for video when it's happening, but charging for video after the fact is the epitome of cheapness.

It's not even like their product is any good.

5. Collapse Details
    There are some special videos that you must pay for, but a lot of the live coverage from meets, like Texas relays and Florida relays, become free after like a week or 2. So you can really just wait if that's what you want to see.

I think there was a long topic about them starting to charge for the live coverage a year or 2 ago.

6. Collapse Details
    I paid to see the Florida Relays as well as I have done for different meets/videos in the past. I must admit I am very satisfied with their product as well as I am with my track and field news magazines. I will continue to support the best sport on the planet.

7. Collapse Details
    For anyone else considering paying for the Flotrack internet coverage of the Penn Relays, just an FYI to be aware that you have to manually log in and cancel your order after the Penn Relays to avoid having the nice people from Flotrack continue to bill your credit card for $19.99 monthly in the future...

In the past we could just order streaming of the Penn Relays, but now that Flotrack has obtained the rights we have to sign up for a month of Flotrack coverage and then manually cancel before the month is over to avoid having Flotrack charge our credit cards again. So if you don't want to pay for additional months of Flotrack meet coverage after the Penn Relays, don't forget to log in and cancel your contract before they automatically charge you for the second month.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues
    For anyone else considering paying for the Flotrack internet coverage of the Penn Relays, just an FYI to be aware that you have to manually log in and cancel your order after the Penn Relays to avoid having the nice people from Flotrack continue to bill your credit card for $19.99 monthly in the future...

In the past we could just order streaming of the Penn Relays, but now that Flotrack has obtained the rights we have to sign up for a month of Flotrack coverage and then manually cancel before the month is over to avoid having Flotrack charge our credit cards again. So if you don't want to pay for additional months of Flotrack meet coverage after the Penn Relays, don't forget to log in and cancel your contract before they automatically charge you for the second month.
    Had that problem in March.
    I'd cancelled the service before my month was up, but they billed me for the next month anyway.
    But I complained vociforously, and they finally, after 2-3 e-mails, refunded the $19.99.

Earlier, maybe January, I'd bought a month also, but the stream was so AWFUL for the meets I wanted to see---all kinds of technical fuck-ups!!--that I demanded my money back after just 24 hours or so.
    They refunded my money!!

BTW, just got done watching----for FREE!!-----several of the races from Mt SAC----the complete races!!

That women's 5000 was fantastic!!
    First Finn, then Hasay, then Martinez, then Hasay again, took the lead!!
    Exciting finish!!
    Watched it THREE times!!!!!

9. Collapse Details
    Link? Did they show the 400m H?

So far, all we have is Ken Stone's Video of the inaudible interview with Ashton Eaton, accompanied by some stills he took--along w/ some over-produced music that drowned out the already low-fi interview. And the accompanying article only quoted TFN Forumites, none of whom had seen the race.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackaloupe
    Link? Did they show the 400m H?

So far, all we have is Ken Stone's Video of the inaudible interview with Ashton Eaton, accompanied by some stills he took--along w/ some over-produced music that drowned out the already low-fi interview. And the accompanying article only quoted TFN Forumites, none of whom had seen the race.
    women's 5k:
    http://goo.gl/91UZDi

men's 400mH with Eaton:
    http://goo.gl/PPjGBi