Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    USTFCCC rankings
    Noticed in the current rankings Florida State men won the ACC conference meet a week ago, and managed to drop from 5th to 36th (!) in the rankings. I'm guessing the rankings switched from using 2013 marks (and never considered 2014 indoor marks ?) to only using current outdoor bests?
    And U. of Florida jumped to #1 despite not competing last weekend.?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: USTFCCC rankings
    And Oregon dropped from #1 to #4 despite a clear indication last weekend that a guy who garners few points (14 of Oregon's ~210, but got 20, about a third of their title total at NCAAs) but is my pre-NCAA athlete of the meet and of the year pick.

3. Collapse Details
    Right - this week they stopped counting last year's marks. Also, they keep indoor and outdoor separate (I guess under the rationale of you can't use indoor marks to qualify outdoors).

--Skip

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Wmbgskip
    Right - this week they stopped counting last year's marks. Also, they keep indoor and outdoor separate (I guess under the rationale of you can't use indoor marks to qualify outdoors).

--Skip
    Which is completely irrelevant to the assessment of the quality of the athletes. Yes, it is a bit old, but at the beginning of the season it is much fresher than prior-year marks. Of course, there is the asymmetry across events in multiple ways (neutral for SP, HJ, PV, etc., nothing comparable for the JT etc., 60/mile vs 100/1500, 200 big differential to an outdoor track...).