Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Jeopardy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dukehjsteve View Post
    But my favorite verbalization is when all 3 contestants are silent with no answer on a question, and I have correctly said it aloud... I then yell " They are IGNORANT ! "
    That happened TWO times with Holzhauer and I'm still beaming!!

2. Collapse Details

Yeah, sometimes I am amazed at the things these smart people don't know... but then they lose me when they get into literature, music, art, pop culture, etc...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Yeah, sometimes I am amazed at the things these smart people don't know... but then they lose me when they get into literature, music, art, pop culture, etc...
    If the topic is classical music, symphonies, operas, ballet, anything short of popular music of the 60s on, fuggedaboudit!

4. Collapse Details

If the subjects are opera, art, literature, mythology, physics, sports and music after 1900 and the first couple of choice are not amongst the latter two, I might as well not play along.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    If the subjects are opera, art, literature, mythology, physics, sports and music after 1900 and the first couple of choice are not amongst the latter two, I might as well not play along.
    My sore spots are pop music (post-Beatles) and movies. Not great on chemistry either. But I'm ok with the other categies mentionted by NotDutra5, some more than others. .

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    My sore spots are pop music (post-Beatles) and movies. Not great on chemistry either. But I'm ok with the other categies mentionted by NotDutra5, some more than others.
    Pop music/culture (TV/movies!), sports, geography, history, literature/language, most science/technology, math, famous people, trivia in general, etc. I do fine, but food, wine, drinks, high culture - not so much.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master403 View Post
    Since I typically give my responses out loud while watching, I have learned not to mock incorrect contestant replies. The next category might be pop music hits of the 2010s, or cricket terminology. Also, allow for the fact that the contestants are playing for real money, under studio lights, and are trying to ring in as quickly as possible (as opposed to my approach of having a beer in one hand and pause button in the other). It's easy to skip a couple of words in the clue.
    I agree. I don't think the Owens answer was ridiculous at all from a non-track fan at that guy's age.
    Probably more surprised that nobody had a clue about what the "R" stood for in NRA when the category was "new deal"

8. Collapse Details

Yeh, the NRA was my other surprise.