Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: the official binge-watching thread
    But we really can't complain too much, after all, we are buying that nobody recognises Clark Kent because he "disguises" himself with glasses, or that aliens all around the universe speak english, or that a robot built in the US in 2029 speaks with an austrian accent.

2. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    I smell a binge coming on this weekend! Screw the World Indoor when I can watch the final season of Dexter!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gh
    Screw the World Indoor when I can watch the final season of Dexter!
    Um . . . are we suffering from the same affliction as NBC? Unclear on the distinction between 'live' and 'recorded'? :twisted:

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gh
    I smell a binge coming on this weekend! Screw the World Indoor when I can watch the final season of Dexter!
    Spoiler alert. He and Walter White show up in the Crimea dressed in Russian uniforms.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    I've so far resisted Netflix, but House Of Cards apparently may be enough to make me sign on. If it's half as good as the original (Ian Richardson in one of the most memorable TV rolls ever), it'll be worth it. I note that both versions get an 8.9 on IMDB.

Anybody seen both?
    With the World Juniors finally out of the way, got to start House of Cards yesterday and did the first two eps.

Initial reaction: classic stuff, but a cut below the original, as good as Kevin Spacey may be.

Give Robin Wright an award for greatest portrayal of an ice bitch of all time. Maybe it comes easily after being married to Sean Penn for a long time?

6. Collapse Details

I am currently binge-watching (very rare for me - I'm too ADD) the BBC Sherlock episodes - GREAT stuff!!
    Sir ACD hit the jackpot with the character. I'm a huge fan of all the current iterations: Robt D, Jr and TV's Elementary. MOST murder mysteries and Private Eye creations are just pale imitations of him.

7. Collapse Details

^ agree w you. I know there are varieties of Sherlock fans that cannot abide one, or some, or all of these, but like you, I enjoy them all, especially BBC's Sherlock. Who plays Watson makes a big difference for me, and I really like Martin Freeman in that version. As for Elementary, I have only seen 2-3 episodes, but thought they were good too. Lucy Liu as Watson -- that's a great choice for many reasons, IMO. Also thought
    Downey & Law made a great team, too.

8. Collapse Details

For "The Killing" fans Netfix has he last 6 episodes on now. I found it a disappointment and thought it had jumped the shark. Hey I may be old but I keep up with some modernisms.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    For "The Killing" fans Netfix has he last 6 episodes on now. I found it a disappointment and thought it had jumped the shark. Hey I may be old but I keep up with some modernisms.
    I absolutely love this series...hopefully you are just hard to please and it isnt so bad for me

10. Collapse Details

Finished the Wire 1 day ago(best series ever on TV) and now Im 3 seasons into Lost. Will do the sopranos after lost. I love Uni vacation