Facts, Not Fiction

Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    I wrote about Netflix's (& Hallmark Channel's) When Calls the Heart in an earlier post!..
    (For season 5, go to Hallmark Channel)

So, here I'll just do a capsule review!

Main characters---
    Plot----
    Time---
    You really believe you're in a remote community in southwest Canada in the year 1910.

I can't recommend this series highly enough!
    Yes, it's a bit sappy & gooey & giddily positive & romantic, but it's so perfectly done---..
    In the past 2 days, I've watched the first 3 seasons---and just started the 4th!
    It's actually my 3rd or 4th binge-watch of this fantastic show!!

(It's very popular, and the 6th season begins in January!!)
    It sounds "charming" ..but I'm still leaning towards the Terminator or Rambo series !
    Last edited by user4; 11-20-2018 at 01:54 AM.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    finished Narcos Mexico.... might be the best of the 4 years so far.

although you could end up with an ear worm just saying cabrón and pendejo over and over! Not to mention variations on the chingar theme.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    finished Narcos Mexico.... might be the best of the 4 years so far.

although you could end up with an ear worm just saying cabrón and pendejo over and over! Not to mention variations on the chingar theme.
    I've done 4 episodes and find it not as interesting as the ones on Escobar. Mainly because the character Gallardo is too softly played by Diego Luna. He's more like a CPA than a capo de las drogas. I know what is going to happen to Camarena so maybe he grows some fangs.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    the new Netflix offering Collateral (4 episodes) is worth the watch. Not a spoiler, but a surprise to see it listed as a Brit cop show with Nicola Walker and she ends up playing (quite well, I might add) not a copy but a lesbian priest!

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    I've done 4 episodes and find it not as interesting as the ones on Escobar. Mainly because the character Gallardo is too softly played by Diego Luna. He's more like a CPA than a capo de las drogas. I know what is going to happen to Camarena so maybe he grows some fangs.
    I just finished it...better than the Narcos series because the lead, Felix, is not psychopath like Escobar, ruthless, but deranged ...I got bored with that first series.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I just finished it...better than the Narcos series because the lead, Felix, is not psychopath like Escobar, ruthless, but deranged ...I got bored with that first series.
    Give me a good Sociopath any day! Especially one who gets to live in his own Mansion/Prison.

7. Collapse Details

A little psychopathy is fine but scene after scene is a bit much....especially when they are all psychopaths.... I quit after 4 episodes....

8. Collapse Details

Just finished watching Sunderland ‘Til I Die on Netflix. As I noted on the soccer thread a fascinating series. Even if you don't like soccer I think it would be interesting.

"Perhaps inevitably, there’s a certain degree of morbid fascination that comes with watching the expectant early stages of a season you know will soon implode in horrific style. “We want automatic promotion – to win the league,” declares club captain Lee Cattermole in episode one, with the wide-eyed conviction of a man who’s not yet frittered away a two-goal lead at Griffin Park."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8682691.html

9. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Finally getting around to Deadwood(just in time for the new movie next year). Four episodes in I'm wondering why it took me 16 years lol
    There are no strings on me

10. Collapse Details

Just finished binge pigging out on Netflix's season 1 "Pine Gap". On location at the US / Australia spy satellite facility in Pine Gap, just outside Alice Springs -