Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: the official binge-watching thread
    Administrator
    Season 4 of Game of Thrones will debut on April 06.

But can't binge-watch Season 3 as a rehash because they still haven't made it available!

(given the number of characters, plots, subplots and sub-subplots, maybe I should just go back to 1 and start all over!)

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gh
    Season 4 of Game of Thrones will debut on April 06.

But can't binge-watch Season 3 as a rehash because they still haven't made it available!

(given the number of characters, plots, subplots and sub-subplots, maybe I should just go back to 1 and start all over!)
    I assume you're talking about netflix, cause season 3 is out on bluray/DVD. A question regarding netflix since it's not available in germany: Do they only offer the movie/episode or also extras like those features you get on blurays/DVDs? Do they have several audio tracks on netflix, cause i love commentary tracks (good ones at least).

3. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    actually, I was referencing both iTunes and HBO On-Demand.

in previous years, yes, iTunes has had a bunch of back-material extras.

4. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    Thrones3 now available on iTunes

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    Where do ya'll find time for all these marathon watches? I have been "self-unemployed" for forty years and I can't even watch all the current/live stuff I would like.
    Part of it is watching significantly less of the "current/live stuff".

I dropped premium channels years ago, and fell behind on watching other series to the point where I lost track of the story and I stopped watching them altogether.

Then in recent years with numerous series being released on DVD (and selling cheap on eBay) and being made available through Netflix, I started using the time NOT spent on watching current episodes to binge-watch the old seasons.

6. Collapse Details
    I'm not really enjoying House of Cards.

The production looks amazing and so is the acting (especially Robin Wright) but it's becoming increasingly boring and people keep conveniently acting in really implausible ways just so he gets his own way

Would the union boss really hit him ?
    Would chief of staff really ignore President to get her son in Uni ?
    Would potential Gov guy conveniently get drunk the night before important interview.

Is it a serious drama or a soap opera because it can't be both. Scandal is unashamedly soapy so it's implausibility doesn't matter, it's LOADS of fun

Talking of soap opera, Nashville is the best thing in tv right now.
    i deserve extra credit

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mump boy
    The production looks amazing and so is the acting (especially Robin Wright) but it's becoming increasingly boring and people keep conveniently acting in really implausible ways just so he gets his own way

Would potential Gov guy conveniently get drunk the night before important interview.
    If you find people acting implausible implausible, then this is definitely the wrong planet for you.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by norunner

If you find people acting implausible implausible, then this is definitely the wrong planet for you.
    I said 'conveniently' acting implausible, very different thing
    i deserve extra credit

9. Collapse Details
    [quote=mump boy]
    Quote Originally Posted by "mump boy":11i5cr0r

I said 'conveniently' acting implausible, very different thing[/quote:11i5cr0r]What bothers me much more are coincidences, especially several of them. Or cheap shortcuts, like hacking servers, even NSA servers, which if you believe tv shows, seems to be a matter of seconds.

10. Collapse Details
    [quote=norunner]
    Quote Originally Posted by "mump boy":1jdlvypx

I said 'conveniently' acting implausible, very different thing
    What bothers me much more are coincidences, especially several of them. Or cheap shortcuts, like hacking servers, even NSA servers, which if you believe tv shows, seems to be a matter of seconds.[/quote:1jdlvypx]

If you're going to go with 'convenient implausibility' or 'co-incidences' it negates the need for great storytelling, you can just dig yourself out of a hole, anyway you like
    i deserve extra credit