Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 419
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,770
    Next up "Ozark."
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    Not too bad. Lots of action, a little unsophisticated about the Jihadi arena, but then most American movies are, but highly entertaining and bingeable. How to go from analyst to super hero at light speed.
    Just watched the first. I'm in.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Anybody watch "Peaky Blinders", English crime family, post WWI with lots of blood and grime. 4 seasons so far, with Tom Hardy and Adrien Brody guesting. Recurring themes include class warfare, Soviet meddling, IRA, ethnic profiling.
    Last edited by Bruce Kritzler; 09-03-2018 at 03:26 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Netflix just debuted its new Jack Ryan (Patriot Games) series and I'll be bingeing that bad boy!
    watched first 3; not over-the-top great, but I'll finish it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    Next up "Ozark."
    Started it, then us old folks decided we needed a reminder of what happened before and watched last episode of last season, which led to us deciding we needed to start with episode 1. When we have caught up I will opine.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,837
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    Started it, then us old folks decided we needed a reminder of what happened before and watched last episode of last season, which led to us deciding we needed to start with episode 1. When we have caught up I will opine.
    we virtually never watch an "ongoing" series without checking out the last episode, at least, from the previous year. We decided we could hold Ozark at just 1.

    (Game Of Thrones, of course, requires a whole-season rewatch just to get all the plotlines straight again, although I do recall one year when we tried that we watched the first episode of the previous season and were so lost we started with the last episode of two years before!) (and when GOT comes back after a year away, the fuddies at my house will be watching the whole thing from square one over again)
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    we virtually never watch an "ongoing" series without checking out the last episode, at least, from the previous year. We decided we could hold Ozark at just 1.

    (Game Of Thrones, of course, requires a whole-season rewatch just to get all the plotlines straight again, although I do recall one year when we tried that we watched the first episode of the previous season and were so lost we started with the last episode of two years before!) (and when GOT comes back after a year away, the fuddies at my house will be watching the whole thing from square one over again)
    Ain't geezerhood great? Our all male breakfast bunch was commenting about this today.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    12,075
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    Ain't geezerhood great? Our all male breakfast bunch was commenting about this today.
    Absolutely. My wife and I were almost half-way through a movie on TV the other day when we both realized we had seen it in the theater. We wanted to see the end, but were so aghast at our dotage, we changed the channel.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indian Territory
    Posts
    13,821
    I usually quickly realize Ii have seen a movie.. but don't always remember the ending.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I usually quickly realize Ii have seen a movie.. but don't always remember the ending.
    In this regard I'm usually ahead of "she who must be obeyed." I know we've seen it but I can't remember it, and usually showing her the first 5 minutes will trigger off the "Aha" moment. But having said this I have to admit to both of us watching a new season of a Danish and realizing five episodes in that it was the season we'd already seen.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •