Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: the official binge-watching thread
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    Where do ya'll find time for all these marathon watches?
    That's the other side of my coin also. I simply don't have time to watch all that I want to watch now. Here I thought gh was slaving over the next T&FN/eTN 24/7.

2. Collapse Details
    Saw "House of Cards" back to back, but had to dip in and out of "Orange is the New Black." While awaiting the denouement of "Breaking Bad" I sat through all previous episodes, but, as I'm a geezer it took me a week. The American "House of Cards" is good, but not as good as the British version, simply because it's the second time around. Kevin Spacey is the best Yank actor for dry sarcastic wit.

3. Collapse Details
    We got Netflix a few months ago...

Breaking Bad - what they have (54 episodes) in 7 days!

Doctor Who - Took a couple months, because I watched many of them with my girls, but I ran through all of the "new" ones.

Torchwood - Doctor Who Spin-Off...in a few weeks.

I've started Battle Star Gallactica. Taking this one slow! This binging is not healthy, so I'm going to really watch on this one.

I
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mump boy
    I did this with The Wire and West Wing box sets

I've just got Netflix and watching House of Cards but haven't had time to watch all in one night, i'm much too busy watching Judge Judy
    Speaking of Netflix original programming, Orange is the New Black is a must.

5. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    I don't watch much TV, but I went to Seattle to watch the Super Bowl with my dad. Except he had to work. So I watched the first three quarters live, then re-watched them plus the 4th with him on Tivo. It was soooooooooooo good

That's the closest I have come to binge watching in years DH and I did run through Arrested Development pretty quickly, but it was like a month or two for all three seasons.

6. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    Where do ya'll find time for all these marathon watches? I have been "self-unemployed" for forty years and I can't even watch all the current/live stuff I would like. I think I had more leisure time when I had a 24/7 "job". :?
    my definition of binge-watching doesn't require any marathon efforts. If I watch 2-3 episodes of a series every night for a week, that qualifies as a binge to me.

7. Collapse Details
    Yep, that would be a binge...

8. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    The Babster and I also do some "mini binges": when a new season starts for a previously watched face, we'll go back and watch the last 2-3 episodes of the previous year. (Or, when talking Game of Thrones go back and watch the entire previous year so you don't spend the first month trying to get all the characters and plot lines straight!) (although i guess the GOT cast of characters will be a lot easier to follow this year)

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gh
    I've just got Netflix and watching House of Cards but haven't had time to watch all in one night, i'm much too busy watching Judge Judy
    I've so far resisted Netflix, but House Of Cards apparently may be enough to make me sign on. If it's half as good as the original (Ian Richardson in one of the most memorable TV rolls ever), it'll be worth it. I note that both versions get an 8.9 on IMDB.

Anybody seen both?
    It's very good but very different to the original, i'm a bit bored at the moment.
    i deserve extra credit

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboElliott
    I did this with The Wire and West Wing box sets

Speaking of Netflix original programming, Orange is the New Black is a must.
    I've watched the first 3 episodes and i'm not totally gripped but i'll keep watching.
    i deserve extra credit