Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Most striking findings in 2019
    19 of the most striking findings in 2019 by Pew Research.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...6a18-399816681

Top 5
    1.1Hispanics are projected to be the largest racial or ethnic minority group in the 2020 U.S. electorate, overtaking the number of black eligible voters for the first time.
    2. The decline of Christianity is continuing at a rapid pace in the U.S.
    3. The U.S. no longer leads the world in admitting refugees.
    4. The share of Americans with an unfavorable view of China reached a 14-year high.
    5. Three decades after the fall of the Berlin Wall, people in many former communist countries in Europe see greatly improved standards of living.
    Last edited by jeremyp; 12-21-2019 at 07:26 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    1.1Hispanics are projected to be the largest racial or ethnic minority group in the 2020 U.S. electorate, overtaking the number of black eligible voters for the first time.
    I've also read that what used to be referred as WASPs, perhaps also obliquely called the 'Silent Majority', are now in the minority.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I've also read that what used to be referred as WASPs, perhaps also obliquely called the 'Silent Majority', are now in the minority.
    No we're at 66.7%...of eligible voters. Minorities tend to have larger families so a larger % of them too young to vote..yet.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp View Post
    No we're at 66.7%...of eligible voters. Minorities tend to have larger families so a larger % of them too young to vote..yet.
    Upon further investigation, I believe my statement - meant for 'total population' - is grossly premature. The stats are leaning that way for an intermediate future, but we're not close now. I retract it.