Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    You can't make this shit up. Flat Earthers
    Just when you think you've heard it all!

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/07...-gravity-hoax/

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Just when you think you've heard it all!
    http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/07...-gravity-hoax/
    Mental illness manifests itself in wondrous ways.

3. Collapse Details

These folks fear persecution. Typically, psychotic or spectacularly stupid people feel persecuted when told that their bizarre perceptions are ludicrous.
    Some paranoids are really victims of conspiracies. Most are really simply looney tunes.

4. Collapse Details

...and we continue to descend into the middle ages.

Although the Internet has become extremely valuable for spreading and acquiring information, it's also a powerful tool for spreading misinformation, and extremely effective at helping wackos find each other and get social reinforcement of their crazed beliefs.

Then the same flat-earthers will jump into their cars and trust a GPS device to guide them to their destination.

5. Collapse Details

From my home in Illinois, the earth looks pretty darn flat. Not sure how someone from Colorado comes to that conclusion though.

6. Collapse Details

I did not know there really were Flat Earthers.. I thought it was just a term for ignorance.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I did not know there really were Flat Earthers.. I thought it was just a term for ignorance.
    When I read some of these things I just cant help but think that these all get started as some kind of online false flag operation designed to make someone look like a blithering idiot. .. Oh wait, I exposing myself as a conspiracy theorist, people really are blithering idiots.

8. Collapse Details

Flat-earthers, Holocaust and Moon-landing deniers and other conspiracy theorists typically suffer from a disorder called Schizotypal Personality Disorder (SPTD). It's a real thing and deserves our sympathy, not our dismissal.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Flat-earthers, Holocaust and Moon-landing deniers and other conspiracy theorists typically suffer from a disorder called Schizotypal Personality Disorder (SPTD). It's a real thing and deserves our sympathy, not our dismissal.
    Sounds hyper analytical to me, going back to my moon-landing denier friend... I have never met a more well adjusted, socially connected and trusting individual. He was definitely not (SPTD), he simply was not exposed to allot of good information on the subject and had all manner of fake/pseudo science blasted at him, he responded as any rational person would have. Give them the truth and they are back on track.

I think we often fail to realize how much very bad information is out there. No person occupied with their daily lives can get it all right. So, I guess Im saying that everyone deserves our sympathy, not just the psychotic ones.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    When I read some of these things I just cant help but think that these all get started as some kind of online false flag operation designed to make someone look like a blithering idiot. .. Oh wait, I exposing myself as a conspiracy theorist, people really are blithering idiots.
    This whole line of reasoning in a bit comical for me. Some of the same people who are making fun of the flat earthers are the same people lampooning those who question those that don't accept what is between their legs.