Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 165
  1. Collapse Details
    College Basketball 2016-17
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, CO
    Posts
    6,218
    UK just beat Carolina 103-100 in one of those all-time greatest "before January" games. UNC lost arguably their two best players from last year, Brice Johnson and Marcus Paige, and were thought to be a little depleted but still a top 10 team. They've had a couple of hiccups...barely beat billvol's boys....but are really looking better than last year's team that lost that epic game to Villanova. Now if we could just start winning those epic games...
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indian Territory
    Posts
    11,468
    I just happened to surf through and watched the last six minutes of that game.. I don't watch much basketball in which I have no emotional investment but that finish was worth watching.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    UK just beat Carolina 103-100 in one of those all-time greatest "before January" games. UNC lost arguably their two best players from last year, Brice Johnson and Marcus Paige, and were thought to be a little depleted but still a top 10 team. They've had a couple of hiccups...barely beat billvol's boys....but are really looking better than last year's team that lost that epic game to Villanova. Now if we could just start winning those epic games...
    Amazing that mention of this particular game can be made without mention of Malik Monk's performance.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    That was an incredible game even though I was rooting for Carolina (yes, a Dukie is allowed to do that). Monk was amazing but so was Justin Jackson for UNC.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    That was an incredible game even though I was rooting for Carolina (yes, a Dukie is allowed to do that). Monk was amazing but so was Justin Jackson for UNC.
    Is that the Duke and North Carolina may not like each other but each fanbase likes Kentucky even less angle?
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Well, yes, I can't stand Kentucky or Calipari. However, as I've told DrJay, I'm a bit of an unusual Dukie in that I root for Carolina except when playing Duke, when I hope we beat the snot out of them. I lived in that area for a long time. It s a good school, with great athletic programs and I think I should root for them.

    As an aside, however, perhaps I should root for Kentucky now. Just before I retired I helped out a patient with a bad shoulder, referred to me from Kentucky and to thank me, he got me named as one of those honorary Kentucky Colonels. I even have a little card.

    In the future, its Colonel BamBam, please.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    20,548
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    In the future, its Colonel BamBam, please.
    Yes, but with what number of note? 1/137? [I am guessing you know the reference.]
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right where i wanna be
    Posts
    53,924
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    ..

    In the future, its Colonel BamBam, please.
    OK, I'll take a bucket of the extra-crispy, with cole slaw plz.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    beyond help
    Posts
    11,665
    We had a neurosurgeon here decades ago that was a Kentucky Colonel. He and his wife would throw a Kentucky Derby party for friends. That was my introduction to Mint Julep.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Yes, but with what number of note? 1/137? [I am guessing you know the reference.]
    I think I know the 1/137 - the fine structure constant - but what's that got to do with Colonel BamBam?
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •