Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    College Basketball 2016-17
    UK just beat Carolina 103-100 in one of those all-time greatest "before January" games. UNC lost arguably their two best players from last year, Brice Johnson and Marcus Paige, and were thought to be a little depleted but still a top 10 team. They've had a couple of hiccups...barely beat billvol's boys....but are really looking better than last year's team that lost that epic game to Villanova. Now if we could just start winning those epic games...

2. Collapse Details

I just happened to surf through and watched the last six minutes of that game.. I don't watch much basketball in which I have no emotional investment but that finish was worth watching.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    UK just beat Carolina 103-100 in one of those all-time greatest "before January" games. UNC lost arguably their two best players from last year, Brice Johnson and Marcus Paige, and were thought to be a little depleted but still a top 10 team. They've had a couple of hiccups...barely beat billvol's boys....but are really looking better than last year's team that lost that epic game to Villanova. Now if we could just start winning those epic games...
    Amazing that mention of this particular game can be made without mention of Malik Monk's performance.

4. Collapse Details

That was an incredible game even though I was rooting for Carolina (yes, a Dukie is allowed to do that). Monk was amazing but so was Justin Jackson for UNC.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    That was an incredible game even though I was rooting for Carolina (yes, a Dukie is allowed to do that). Monk was amazing but so was Justin Jackson for UNC.
    Is that the Duke and North Carolina may not like each other but each fanbase likes Kentucky even less angle?

6. Collapse Details

Well, yes, I can't stand Kentucky or Calipari. However, as I've told DrJay, I'm a bit of an unusual Dukie in that I root for Carolina except when playing Duke, when I hope we beat the snot out of them. I lived in that area for a long time. It s a good school, with great athletic programs and I think I should root for them.

As an aside, however, perhaps I should root for Kentucky now. Just before I retired I helped out a patient with a bad shoulder, referred to me from Kentucky and to thank me, he got me named as one of those honorary Kentucky Colonels. I even have a little card.

In the future, its Colonel BamBam, please.

7. Collapse Details

Yes, but with what number of note? 1/137? [I am guessing you know the reference.]

8. Collapse Details

Administrator

OK, I'll take a bucket of the extra-crispy, with cole slaw plz.

9. Collapse Details

We had a neurosurgeon here decades ago that was a Kentucky Colonel. He and his wife would throw a Kentucky Derby party for friends. That was my introduction to Mint Julep.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Yes, but with what number of note? 1/137? [I am guessing you know the reference.]
    I think I know the 1/137 - the fine structure constant - but what's that got to do with Colonel BamBam?