Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What does the future hold for Allyson Felix?
    It just seems the universe has a way of maintaining equilibrium. Allyson was on her way to become the most decorated world champion ever with 9 gold medals(had she won) beating out the like of Carl Lewis. It would have been too good and too sweet so the universe shut it down. This setback has implications for the future. I think Allyson may want to experiment with the double again in 2015 possibly to decide where her best gold medal chances lie. Now she will either have to do both events at trials or choose one or the other. Keep in mind that Sanya may be healthy by then and there are already amazing young upcoming talent in both events that will make making the team a real challenge for Felix going forward if she isnt in her best form. Anyone think that Allyson may have more individual golds in her future or is her line cut?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: What does the future hold for Allyson Felix?
    don't get the point of your first three sentences. i doubt we will see her doing the 200/400 dbl again since it didn't work out so well for her in daegu. the 100/200 dbl is more likely given the results from london. i wish her a speedy recovery.

3. Collapse Details
    Recovery from injury.

The rest is in the air.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by maroon
    don't get the point of your first three sentences. i doubt we will see her doing the 200/400 dbl again since it didn't work out so well for her in daegu. the 100/200 dbl is more likely given the results from london. i wish her a speedy recovery.

It just seems that probability always evens things out in life. Something always happens to make someone not threepeat at the olympics or surpass some record or the other. I dont know if I see Felix attempting the 100 again at championsips. The chance of her making the team will be slim to none if everyone shows up in form. Even Jeter will be having a tough time making teams from now on. Thank god for Felix her 200 cieling is so far ahead that she should still be able to hold on and be good for another 5 years or so.... even though she will prob retire after Rio :cry:. Felix herself is quoted as saying " The 400 is probably where I will end up". So if that is true will she all of a sudden throw the event that put her on the map by the wayside? Or will she give the 400 everything and give what she has left to the 200? When the 400 is your main focus the double is a different double than when the 200 is your main focus. That is why the double will/can be much easier for someone like Sanya because the 200 is just " having fun" whereas for Allyson Felix her favorite event came after she had been on a death march. I am sure that she will want to experiment in 2014 and 2015 to see whether she wants to switch before Rio because if I know Felix she will dying for more hardware and for her Bronze and Silver doesnt cut it.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fasttrak85
    It just seems the universe has a way of maintaining equilibrium. Allyson was on her way to become the most decorated world champion ever with 9 gold medals(had she won) beating out the like of Carl Lewis. It would have been too good and too sweet so the universe shut it down. This setback has implications for the future. I think Allyson may want to experiment with the double again in 2015 possibly to decide where her best gold medal chances lie. Now she will either have to do both events at trials or choose one or the other. Keep in mind that Sanya may be healthy by then and there are already amazing young upcoming talent in both events that will make making the team a real challenge for Felix going forward if she isnt in her best form. Anyone think that Allyson may have more individual golds in her future or is her line cut?
    Allyson Felix has been around on a world level since 2001.
    The universe has been very kind to her, mind you, and the loss recently can only be attributed to herself, how hard it was for us to see.

But is the classical position the multi-winner get's in, once he or she isn't clearly superior anymore. He or she than tends to struggle, which isn't always the best strategy and if the opponent is in contention anything can happen.

We have though not often even watched, how Usain Bolt struggled and lost.

6. Collapse Details
    Allyson will recover and can still win a set of medals. Individually the 200m and of cause the relays 4x100m and 4x400m at championships. But it will take more hard work and the right decisions.

And of cause her graceful run remains unmatched.

7. Collapse Details
    John Lennon sang.....

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans!"

In the current vernacular.......

"Shit happens!!"

Get well, Allyson!!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fasttrak85
    Quote Originally Posted by maroon

It just seems that probability always evens things out in life. Something always happens to make someone not threepeat at the olympics or surpass some record or the other. I dont know if I see Felix attempting the 100 again at championsips. The chance of her making the team will be slim to none if everyone shows up in form. Even Jeter will be having a tough time making teams from now on. Thank god for Felix her 200 cieling is so far ahead that she should still be able to hold on and be good for another 5 years or so.... even though she will prob retire after Rio :cry:. Felix herself is quoted as saying " The 400 is probably where I will end up". So if that is true will she all of a sudden throw the event that put her on the map by the wayside? Or will she give the 400 everything and give what she has left to the 200? When the 400 is your main focus the double is a different double than when the 200 is your main focus. That is why the double will/can be much easier for someone like Sanya because the 200 is just " having fun" whereas for Allyson Felix her favorite event came after she had been on a death march. I am sure that she will want to experiment in 2014 and 2015 to see whether she wants to switch before Rio because if I know Felix she will dying for more hardware and for her Bronze and Silver doesnt cut it.
    But what about those people who break the records the first time? Where was the universe then? I'm not sure there's some cosmic controller of world and Olympic medals. People get hurt. It happens. Ottey never won a gold at the Olympics. Devers never won the hurdles at the Olympics. It happens. But Allyson will be back.

9. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    Given that she's all of 27 (!), I suspect there's a lot of gas left in that tank.

10. Collapse Details
    I suspect the future for Allyson Felix holds lots of Gold medals.