Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: The 3 best performances of WC are of BOLT
    Quote Originally Posted by ZELLGADISS
    Bolt defeats to Hayes several years ago, now and in Rio too.
    Not compare to Bolt with another sprinter in the history, no comparation :wink:
    But comparing Bolt to Bolt gives an unprecedented picture never seen before.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by maroon
    well if bolt can spot gatlin 10m in a relay, he certainly ain't losing to bob hayes. in all seriousness, when i see the "what if" posts from pre-2008 credibly arguing that bob hayes had a 9.58 in him if he was running today, then i will agree that bolt might not have a chance againt hayes. i think we forget how shocking that 9.58 and that 19.19 were even after what we saw in beijing.

i hope bolt doesn't read this board. otherwise, he might post a "he didn't say that" message. lol.
    I stand by my assertion, and while I only got a brief look at the relay, Gatlin had exchange problems and the did not get running ahead of Bolt, and if 0.30 seconds covers 10 meters I think you have the wrong animal species -- you need wings.

3. Collapse Details
    26mi235 -- the 10m spotting was tonuge in cheek -- i was making a reference to a post relay interview where bolt responded to the us team's statement that they would have won if gatlin didn't throw away the baton. bolt said "they didn't say that" in disbelief about 4 times, lol. then he said that he was 2 meters down on gatlin and still beat him so he doesn't know what they are talking about. and that moreover, he could spot gatlin 10m and still win. it was a very funny interview.

the bob hayes part is serious.

4. Collapse Details
    The part of Hayes is not serious if somebody tell that both taking baton same time, Hayes can to defeat to Bolt healthy.
    I dont see it possible :wink:

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by luther
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboElliott
    [Bolt wasn't the first person to lop a huge chunk off the World Record. Carl Lewis took more than a tenth of a second off the sea level record. The scoring tables should have been adjusted as soon as people started breaking 9.95 at sea level with some regularity.
    Wrong - the most Lewis took off the sea level "WR" was 0.03, which he did twice (sorry, see edit) Progression was this (99% sure..):

Hayes 10.06 1964
    Hines 10.03 1968
    Leonard 10.03 1977
    Sandford 10.02 1978
    Lewis 10.00 1981 and 1982
    Lewis 9.97 1983
    Smith 9.97 1983
    Lattany 9.96 1984
    Lewis 9.93 1987 - Rome

Edit - then 0.04 from Burrell's 9.90 in Tokyo 91
    When Carl's career started, the sea level world record was 10.02. His last world record was 9.86. That is a total of .16 seconds throughout his career.

6. Collapse Details
    not that I believe this is a top 3 performance, but something that has easily gone under the radar is US womens HJ'er Inika Mcpherson jumped 25cm over her head (1.88) in the qualifying round... she is 1.63. I understand that she has jumped higher this season, but nonetheless, impressive.