Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Yosypenko banned for doping
    Ukrainian Lyudmyla Yosypenko (4th in London hep) has been banned for 4 years for doping:

http://other.sport.ua/news/197803 (in Russian)

It says it is a biological passport case (the first for a non-distance runner?), but I can't see where it says from when her results will be annulled, apart from those at this year's NC, in particular whether her result from London will stand.

I'm not surprised given she is apparently part-coached by Blonska (why did her ban not apply to coaching as well, as her husband's did?)

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Yosypenko banned for doping
    No wonder she wasn't selected for Moscow...

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjgt

I'm not surprised given she is apparently part-coached by Blonska (why did her ban not apply to coaching as well, as her husband's did?)
    I think Sebastian Coe mentioned that there needs to be consequences for coaches, agents, doctors etc connected with doping athletes. Also if Letsrun is the believed they need to enforce the actual bans for coaches like Mark Block who seems to turn up where he bloody well pleases and dines with the athletes.

4. Collapse Details
    If Google Translate was correct, the article mentioned that it was her hemoglobin going up and down that was the blood passport problem. It is slightly surprising for me that a multi-event athlete would be using blood transfusions or EPO or some other blood-boosting doping like that.

Of course the Balco cocktail included EPO for sprinters, so perhaps it is not so surprising after all.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsus
    If Google Translate was correct, the article mentioned that it was her hemoglobin going up and down that was the blood passport problem. It is slightly surprising for me that a multi-event athlete would be using blood transfusions or EPO or some other blood-boosting doping like that.

Of course the Balco cocktail included EPO for sprinters, so perhaps it is not so surprising after all.
    What's surprising that an athlete that comes in 7 events in 2 days including the 800m and extremely high volumes of training would find blood doping useful?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dustoff
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsus

What's surprising that an athlete that comes in 7 events in 2 days including the 800m and extremely high volumes of training would find blood doping useful?
    Well, when you put it like that...

7. Collapse Details
    BTW, it was announced 5 days ago, but I only found it out today from fla-kyiv.org.ua (there's a link to the story in the 'news feed' square at the top right of the main page). (The page is partly in Ukrainian and partly in Russian.)

The federation has a twitter page: @athletics_ua (again it'll be in Ukrainian or Russian)