Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    every minute spent on that is perhaps a minute not spent on TJ-specific technique/strength things.
    Not just time, but energy.
    400m training is the most exhausting thing I've ever done in my life. I guess you could do technical (TJ) training before the nasty 300m repeats, but you ain't doin' anything afterwards. And any substantial strength training would degrade the 400 training.
    I have had many hurdler/jumpers, but one does indeed tend to compromise the other (except in a fitness or holistic strength sense, which kids do need). I'm sure CT could tell us how the 400 complements his TJ training, but he would also admit it is not ideal to maximize TJ performance. I think he did it this past year for the same reason Ashton took up the 400H one year, just for the change of routine.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    400m training is the most exhausting thing I've ever done in my life. I guess you could do technical (TJ) training before the nasty 300m repeats, but you ain't doin' anything afterwards. And any substantial strength training would degrade the 400 training.
    I have had many hurdler/jumpers, but one does indeed tend to compromise the other (except in a fitness or holistic strength sense, which kids do need). I'm sure CT could tell us how the 400 complements his TJ training, but he would also admit it is not ideal to maximize TJ performance. I think he did it this past year for the same reason Ashton took up the 400H one year, just for the change of routine.
    I heard Reider, his coach at the time (and present?), say in 2014 that CT could run hard 300s in training one day and have an uncompromised jump session the next day. Just the way he was gifted, and he liked doing it as well.

3. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I have had many hurdler/jumpers, but one does indeed tend to compromise the other (except in a fitness or holistic strength sense, which kids do need). I'm sure CT could tell us how the 400 complements his TJ training, but he would also admit it is not ideal to maximize TJ performance.
    Ill second that set of inquiries. Please CT tell us why all the distractions. I have no doubt that CT could be a top 3 performer at 400m but is that the goal ? Everything has a cost in life, and if a TJ PR is the goal , I dont see how the detour through quartermile country gets him there.

Also please tell him he is a fan favorite around here!