Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Lawrence Okoye puts athletics on hold
    So how many T&F talents got drafted this year? I read about Goodwin and Margus Hunt, any others?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Lawrence Okoye puts athletics on hold
    Quote Originally Posted by gh
    Not that I've ever played/coached the position, but I'm guessing somebody with monster size/strength/speed can relatively quickly be made into a situational pass rusher of quality. So long as they like pain, that is.
    In particular, pain that is likely to increase over a lifetime, ending in an early demise.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Okoye back in the news (unfortunately)

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2...ion-sting.html

4. Collapse Details

Prostitution as a criminal offence is stupidity personified when you have 2 adults engaged in a consenting activity. This doesn’t happen in NZ as prostitution is a lawful occupation.

I would prefer cops concentrate their resources on catching real criminals; robbers, those committing violence against others.
    Last edited by Tuariki; 02-09-2019 at 03:01 AM.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    Prostitution as a criminal offence is stupidity personified when you have 2 adults engaged in a consenting activity. This doesn’t happen in NZ as prostitution is a lawful occupation.

I would prefer cops concentrate their resources on catching real criminals; robbers, those committing violence against others.
    No human trafficking in NZ? Great for you!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LNO View Post
    Stats show that the bulk of human trafficking for sex purposes happens in countries where prostitution is illegal.

The NZ government decriminalised prostitution in 2003 but instituted a review about 5 years later, which found that:

The sex industry has not increased in size, and many of the social evils predicted by some who opposed the decriminalisation of the sex industry have not been experienced. On the whole, the Prostitution Reform Act (PRA) has been effective in achieving its purpose, and the Committee is confident that the vast majority of people involved in the sex industry are better off under the PRA than they were previously.
    Now that doesn't mean that there will never be human trafficking for this purpose in NZ but decriminalisation clearly doesn't drive it, just like decriminalising drugs in Portugal didn't drive an explosion in drug usage, despite the same sort of predictions.

In fact, NZ police have more time to investigate any instances of coerced involvement because they aren't wasting time on criminalised consenting activity. As an added bonus, they have been removed from the corruption cycle of exploiting sex workers/clients through decriminalisation.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LNO View Post
    Yes, it is great for us. While our current regime is far from perfect, it is a massive improvement over the pimping regime of before. I agree with what El Toro said.

If Okoye was "buying" his sex from an unwilling trafficked (kidnapped) victim, then Okoye deserves eveything the State throws at him. However, if he was "buying" from a willing seller then IMO we have a victim-less crime.

8. Collapse Details

60.80 for 9th at the London DL, in his first competition since 2012.