Facts, Not Fiction

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    Alan, I also found it wonderful that NBC showed the races while on some of their commercial breaks.
    Now we have to get them to do this on Olympic channel, and also work on NBC Gold to do it for field-event breaks.
    Cheers,
    Alan

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    You didn't answer the question, did you? Where were those splits taken, and who gave them to you?
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    What? What other possible interpretation is there of 'you think I was making shit up? [and with a typo that gave a hint of extreme frustration with your questioning his competence - and then you do it yet again. Really?

By the way, no one here seems to comment on the coverage by FloTrack. It is a much smaller operation and does not nearly as much resources, but they are getting better and better. The did a 5-minute video of the NCAA XC meet that was better than almost anything I have every seen on XC, and better than 95% of things I have seen on Track and Field.

3. Collapse Details

Link?

4. Collapse Details

In the same vein TWalsh posted about, Sanya often says about an athlete AFTER a race, "he/she did just what I expected..."

If she REALLY expected that, say it BEFORE the race, and look like you really know your stuff!!

5. Collapse Details

SRR really takes away from my viewing experience. That is all.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    I saw a guy kneeling and either taking times or calling out splits during the 2 Mile, but he was kneeling at the START line, and didn't move for each lap. I couldn't see as well during the mile, but, here again, it was at the start line and did not move.

Also, in TN, all the splits were from the finish line, 418, 818, etc.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    I was at the meet and yes, he did move during the mile.

7. Collapse Details

I mute the broadcast every time SRR starts talking. She says almost nothing of substance. While not politically correct to say, it is obvious that her gender and race played a big role in her being hired. (Certainly not her broadcasting ability.)
    Last edited by Chicago; 07-06-2019 at 03:22 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
    I mute the broadcast every time SRR starts talking. She says almost nothing of substance. While not politically correct to say, it is obvious that her gender and race played a big role in her being hired. (Certainly not her broadcasting ability.)
    I'll go with the fact that she was a pretty big star during her competitive career.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
    SMH!!!! Jesus take the wheel. Come on people, lighten up. Sheeessseee!!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ztrappity View Post
    SRR really takes away from my viewing experience. That is all.
    The best to be said is that she is not Carol Lewis.