Facts, Not Fiction

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pakilo View Post
    European Games in Minsk in progress. Poor Olympic Channel Commentators. They really think D.Chondrokoukis' PB was 2.11 and they were shocked when he cleared few centimeters more. How much are these guys paid?!
    I think they were just going off the on-screen graphics (or their CIS?) which showed it was a PB for him.

Does the Olympic Channel have the same commentators as the BT Sport coverage? One of them was a Scottish woman who was clueless and sounded like she'd never watched athletics before.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    I think they were just going off the on-screen graphics (or their CIS?) which showed it was a PB for him.

Does the Olympic Channel have the same commentators as the BT Sport coverage? One of them was a Scottish woman who was clueless and sounded like she'd never watched athletics before.
    Not sure about the BT Sport but it could be the same feed, cause I guess this was a Scottish woman (unfortunately I'm not so good in differentiating Irish and Scottish accent). But I can say that these two are much better than a clown who was commentating The Mediterranean Games last year on Olympic Channel. That one had never seen athletics before that event.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pakilo View Post
    Not sure about the BT Sport but it could be the same feed, cause I guess this was a Scottish woman (unfortunately I'm not so good in differentiating Irish and Scottish accent). But I can say that these two are much better than a clown who was commentating The Mediterranean Games last year on Olympic Channel. That one had never seen athletics before that event.
    Yes, I enjoyed the Meditteranean Games but he was awful. I remember him saying he was a throws coach which I found hard to believe based on his attempts to commentate.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Indeed the guy is a walking encyclopedia on track...including writing a Guinness book on Athletics.... ran into him at Sportspages in London and we talked awhile and invited me to a NUTS meeting that night...wonderful time I must say....

Also as I have mentioned before his favorite sport is cricket...
    I went to a Euro Cup meeting at Crystal Palace about 30 years ago and talked to Peter and Richard Hymans and they also invited me to a NUTS meeting the next day, where I met Bob Sparks and also Roberto Quercetani. As you say, a wonderful time.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
    I fear that Sanya Richards-Ross is the new Carol Lewis.
    I dunno if this means she is in the place of Carol or just as terrible but I hope not the latter. I think Sanya n Ato do an excellent job. I think they give the right balance of technical expertise, background info and color commentary to appeal to a wider audience. When im watching sprints i dont want to hear from anyone else!!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    I dunno if this means she is in the place of Carol or just as terrible but I hope not the latter. I think Sanya n Ato do an excellent job. I think they give the right balance of technical expertise, background info and color commentary to appeal to a wider audience. When im watching sprints i dont want to hear from anyone else!!!!!!
    I have said it once. I will say it again. I will say it a thousand times:
    You are not going to please all of us no matter who you put behind a microphone.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    I have said it once. I will say it again. I will say it a thousand times:
    You are not going to please all of us no matter who you put behind a microphone.
    reminds me of the time in the '70s when there was a poll on most liked/disliked TV personalities and Howard Cosell won both!

8. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    I may have said this before but the sport with the best TV analysts/commentators is tennis, hands down. The only person I don't care for is Chris Evert, but thankfully she only works for ESPN. Tennis Channel has a stable of about 10 former pros commentating, and they're all fabulous.
    There are no strings on me

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    I may have said this before but the sport with the best TV analysts/commentators is tennis, hands down. The only person I don't care for is Chris Evert, but thankfully she only works for ESPN. Tennis Channel has a stable of about 10 former pros commentating, and they're all fabulous.
    I would second that, both on the quality of Tennis Channel commentators and the fact that Chris Evert is terrible.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    I would second that, both on the quality of Tennis Channel commentators and the fact that Chris Evert is terrible.
    I respectfully disagree concerning Chris Evert.