Facts, Not Fiction

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I watched the Lausanne DL meet Sunday (after the NASCAR mess finally went off). SRR was one of the commentators. I paid close attention to what she was saying and how she said it. I, for the life of me, do not see why some of yall think she is so terrible. Is she perfect? Hell no. But then who is?

But like I have said before, you are not going to please some of us no matter who is behind that microphone.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    I watched the Lausanne DL meet Sunday (after the NASCAR mess finally went off). SRR was one of the commentators. I paid close attention to what she was saying and how she said it. I, for the life of me, do not see why some of yall think she is so terrible. Is she perfect? Hell no. But then who is?

But like I have said before, you are not going to please some of us no matter who is behind that microphone.
    Some of the complaints likely come from viewers of a LIVE broadcast, and it should be pointed out that the Lausanne broadcast Sunday likely benefited from post-production do-overs.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    Some of the complaints likely come from viewers of a LIVE broadcast, and it should be pointed out that the Lausanne broadcast Sunday likely benefited from post-production do-overs.
    Do they really do that in the States? Sounds like cheating to me!

4. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    They do indeed....I remember once Craig Virgin doing the Big 10 indoor and about 3 minutes into a men's distance race Virgin suddenly says the first mile was 4:27 or something like that and sure enough at the mile that was the split...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post

Not only is Sanya not terrible I think she is amazingly good I feel the same way about Ato Bolton. Some ppl are looking for data gurus with the personality of dishsoap. Sanya is extremely spirited and colorful. I am sure all the greats everyone loves would bore me half to death. I imagine alot of you guys are probably whiny cranky old men pining for so n so who did the broadcast in 1955 or whenever. Please post an example of a stellar broadcast so we can take note.

If you want to comment on bad commentators see lolo jones and lauryn williams now those two were tragic.
    Last edited by fasttrak85; 07-09-2019 at 04:38 AM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrak85 View Post

If you want to comment on bad commentators see lolo jones and lauryn williams now those two were tragic.
    For real??? I never knew that Lauryn Williams or Lolo Jones ever did TV commentating. I missed those two.

7. Collapse Details

Sacrilegious!!! Lolo can do no wrong...

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    I am told by a reputable source in the biz that there were no Lausanne do-overs.

9. Collapse Details

I remember they let Sandi Morris into the booth to do the commentary for the mens vault at the 2017 world championships. What a treat that was. An active elite athlete talking about other active elites in the same discipline.

10. Collapse Details

^^ It still depends on the actual athlete. I remember Cathy Freeman doing some commentary for the BBC when she took a season off after Sydney 2000 and it's no surprise she wasn't invited back. Some athletes have it, some don't.

An articulate multi-eventer is the one I would be looking for if I was a TV sports head looking for a new expert commentator.