Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: no visa championship series indoors ?
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower
    What happened to Tyson? .
    I have Tyson on my schedule Feb 8-9, 2013
    As in the USATF classic from last year.

2. Collapse Details
    There's been a two-day meet in Fayetteville in February for quite a few years. I believe it was there before it became part of the USATF's series and I'm not surprised that it will be there even it no longer is part of the USATF's series. But if it isn't, the professional fields are not likely to be quite as good, especially sandwiched as it is between Boston and Millrose. Back in the day, runners thought nothing of running every weekend in the indoor season, sometimes more than once. You don't see that much lately.

3. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman
    .... Back in the day, runners thought nothing of running every weekend in the indoor season, sometimes more than once. You don't see that much lately.
    Back in the day, forget more than once; how about more than twice!

I remember a legendary trip which found a large group of us at Millrose on Friday night around 1980, flying to Montréal on Saturday morning (w/ Jean Beliveau on the plane!), riding a bus to Ottawa for meet there on Saturday night, then Sunday morning bus back to Montréal for a meet in Montréal on Sunday afternoon (at which the Walker/Bayi "rematch" finally happened 5-6 years too late).

Nobody thought much about it.

I do remember when we got to the stadium in Montréal on Sunday afternoon it was -17F (c-30C).

4. Collapse Details
    thanks for the replies and discussion guys. when i checked the usatf site yesterday morning it had not updated the indoor schedule yet. so just three big meets and just like last year some of the coverage is taped delayed, but with live internet coverage. i watched the espn3 coverage for the ncaa indoor last year and their coverage was quite good, plus the picture did not freeze that much as it did on u tube or universal sports.com in the past. overall it is disappointing to see only three big meets on the us circuit. some of it might be the post olympic malaise, some of it the declining interest in indoor meets in general and some it the tough economic times world wide.