Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Are you an old geezer if:
    I texted my daughter the other day and we were arguing (nicely) about something so I texted "sfu." She showed it to the gkids and got a "grandpa!!!" back. IMHO In some things I am not a geezer. I'm also catching on to the Brit phrase" one off" which I like.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Are you an old geezer if:
    I guess I am an old geezer. I just Googled sfu and of course got lots of hits for Simon Fraser University. There is an internet slang website, which finally made things clear, although I might have guessed.

3. Collapse Details

This is what all of us 80+ year olds, and those yet-to-be, have to look forward to!! This is something that happened at an assisted living center.

The people who lived there had small apartments but they all ate at a central cafeteria. One morning one of the residents didn't show up for breakfast so my wife went upstairs and knocked on his door to see if everything was OK. She could hear him through the door and he said that he was running late and would be down shortly, so she went back to the dining area.

An hour later he still hadn't arrived so she went back up towards his room but found him on the stairs. He was coming down the stairs but was having a hell of time. He had a death grip on the hand rail and seemed to have trouble getting his legs to work right.

She told him she was going to call an ambulance but he told her no, he wasn't in any pain and just wanted to have his breakfast So she helped him the rest of the way down the stairs and he had his breakfast.

When he tried to return to his room he was completely unable to get up even the first stair step so they called an ambulance for him.

A couple hours later she called the hospital to see how he was doing.

The receptionist there said he was fine, he just had both of his legs in one side of his boxer shorts.

4. Collapse Details

As I near the end of my 9th decade I find I am completely unaffected by old age, except for diabetes, prostate, two torn rotator cuffs, titanium knee, perpetually broken right foot, hearing loss, poor night vision, wobbly balance and slow response on Jeopardy.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    As I near the end of my 9th decade I find I am completely unaffected by old age, except for . . .
    Aging ain't for the faint of heart. I can still manage everything with original parts, but why the heck do I get up every morning feeling like it's the second day of a Decathlon??!! I have muscles sore that I'm not sure are even in Gray's Anatomy (the book, not the TV show!)

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    hearing loss
    Just so you know. In women, hearing is the first to go. In men, it is the second .
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

7. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    I'm amazed by these responses. I'm hearing from guys that might be considered senior citizens but you have fantastic mental agility!!..

friends, maybe you just need to listen to some George Jones!!

"I don't need your rocking chair"

8. Collapse Details

Remember:
    5. You resent the torrent coming from the 10 year old next to you at the urinal.

I had my prostate roto rootered in August and can now cross off #5.

9. Collapse Details

Brother, you are way ahead of many a fraction of your age. Keep up the good work!

10. Collapse Details

I think this was mentioned in another thread, but I felt really old the first time I experienced a sleep injury. I slept on my arm wrong, and could not raise it above my shoulder for a good week.