Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Yet another Darwin Award candidate
    Ignoring, for the moment, the rich pool of possibilities at and around the political conventions, this would have to be a serious candidate:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Man- ... 819352.php

2. Collapse Details

Shooting instructor gets killed trying to teach a nine-year-old girl how to use an UZI after she loses control of the of the automatic weapon and shoots him in the head.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/ne...ally-shot-girl

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Shooting instructor gets killed trying to teach a nine-year-old girl how to use an UZI after she loses control of the of the automatic weapon and shoots him in the head.
    I . . . HATE . . . GUNS . . .
    This tragedy falls squarely on the head of the adult who allowed this 9-year-old to now carry this very heavy burden for the rest of her life . . .

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I . . . HATE . . . GUNS . . .
    This tragedy falls squarely on the head of the adult who allowed this 9-year-old to now carry this very heavy burden for the rest of her life . . .
    High priority for tops of the D Award. Some may argue for teaching a nine year old to handle guns, but an Uzi?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catson52 View Post
    High priority for tops of the D Award. Some may argue for teaching a nine year old to handle guns, but an Uzi?
    I wonder who the UZI belonged to. It's very rare that an adult will ever have the opportunity to fire an automatic weapon, much less a child. I've been around my share of guns and I used to have a federal firearms license, but I've never fired an automatic weapon, much less owned one.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I wonder who the UZI belonged to. It's very rare that an adult will ever have the opportunity to fire an automatic weapon, much less a child. I've been around my share of guns and I used to have a federal firearms license, but I've never fired an automatic weapon, much less owned one.
    Head to Vegas - lots of billboards advertising these places.

http://reynosawatch.org/minstrel/wp-.../billboard.jpg

7. Collapse Details

I am not opposed to teaching children to handle firearms responsibly..although I do draw the line somewhere north of age 9.. and certainly for automatic weapons..
    I have fired automatic weapons and it is inconceivable to me that anyone would put one in the unassisted hands of a 9 year old who almost certainly would not be prepared and/or have the strength to control the unrelenting recoil.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I am not opposed to teaching children to handle firearms responsibly..although I do draw the line somewhere north of age 9.. and certainly for automatic weapons..
    I have fired automatic weapons and it is inconceivable to me that anyone would put one in the unassisted hands of a 9 year old who almost certainly would not be prepared and/or have the strength to control the unrelenting recoil.
    So did I and to control it is not easy. A 9-year old? The mind reels.

And to the argument between Atticus and jazzcyclist, who should be responsible, the parents or the range owner? All of the above should get their asses roasted.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    And to the argument between Atticus and jazzcyclist, who should be responsible, the parents or the range owner? All of the above should get their asses roasted.
    Under what principle? It is legal in this State. The parents have the right to sign up their kid to fire a Uzi and the owner has the right to offer Uzi-firing to 9-years old. In this circumstances, legally, it can hardly be considered anything but a tragic accident.
    The laws in place said all these people were in their right to do what they did. You can't actually punish any of them for it.
    So if something has to change, well... I don't want to open the gun-control-law Pandora box, but if you're not trusted with a car until you're 16 yet you have the right fire an automatic weapon at 9, there might be a slight problem.

10. Collapse Details

What parents would approve of this? Oh I forgot, it's Arizona. Next on the training list: hand grenade throwing for 9 year olds. Can't imagine how that could go balls up.