Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 108
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indian Territory
    Posts
    13,909
    I only saw the last two or three episodes and did not recognized all the character on sight but figured out everyone except the rich couple he inveigled into creating the trust fund for his son and the woman he fed the ricin..the lasers were sheer genius....
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    3,116
    I was thinking: the future probably isn't so bright for Jesse. When the cops raid the compound at the end, they will likely find his DEA confession tape (unless that was destroyed -- I can't remember).

    As for Saul: we shall see!

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/1 ... 09001.html
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    #93
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    62,060
    That leads to a list to this wonderful bit of reviewing (long read)

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maureen-r ... ref=topbar
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,801
    It was a smooth ending. All the (obvious) loose ends got tied up - if we don't look into the future too much - and there were only small, forgivable, suspend disbelief moments. I finally finished my marathon recoup and the series is even more deeply etched in my brain as an opus of entertaining, intelligent, invigorating , morality tale on the (never in fiction, but rarely in fact) banal subject of the amorality of power.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Back on my 3-month hiatus!
    Posts
    21,729
    And isn't is telling that I, who had never seen the show, immediately knew that he had poisoned her in the coffee shop. Hollywood can't help but telegraph it (lingering shot of the cup).
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    And isn't is telling that I, who had never seen the show, immediately knew that he had poisoned her in the coffee shop. Hollywood can't help but telegraph it (lingering shot of the cup).
    But without knowing the history of the poison, the knowledge is in and of itself pointless. Fans have been following this poison and knew full well it was going to be used in the final episode, just not on who. What is telling is that you are trying to disparage a show you have no knowledge of.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Back on my 3-month hiatus!
    Posts
    21,729
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    And isn't is telling that I, who had never seen the show, immediately knew that he had poisoned her in the coffee shop. Hollywood can't help but telegraph it (lingering shot of the cup).
    But without knowing the history of the poison, the knowledge is in and of itself pointless. Fans have been following this poison and knew full well it was going to be used in the final episode, just not on who. What is telling is that you are trying to disparage a show you have no knowledge of.
    Disparage? I actually enjoyed the episode, even though I had little backstory!
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    Disparage? I actually enjoyed the episode, even though I had little backstory!
    OK, but your post did make it sound like you were down on the episode, e.g. "I never watched the show, but that one scene with the poison was so over-the-top Hollywood, NOT subtle!" As jeremyp said, the ricin had become sort of a character itself over the course of the show. Who was going to be the recipient was the big question. So when she dumps the sweetener in her tea, that's the ricin's big spotlight moment. It was supposed to be in-your-face obvious. Even I said to my wife "Aha! There goes the ricin!"
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    #99
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    62,060
    and if you're completely over the top

    http://badifyyourself.com
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Re: Breaking Bad - The Final Season(s)
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    62,060
    Quote Originally Posted by JRM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    Disparage? I actually enjoyed the episode, even though I had little backstory!
    OK, but your post did make it sound like you were down on the episode, e.g. "I never watched the show, but that one scene with the poison was so over-the-top Hollywood, NOT subtle!" As jeremyp said, the ricin had become sort of a character itself over the course of the show. Who was going to be the recipient was the big question. So when she dumps the sweetener in her tea, that's the ricin's big spotlight moment. It was supposed to be in-your-face obvious. Even I said to my wife "Aha! There goes the ricin!"
    and let's not forget the LCD factor. Thread on the IMDB discussion board today:

    <<How did Walt get the ricin into Lydia's coffee?>>
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •