Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: USOT live streaming
    Quote Originally Posted by BCBaroo
    Does someone have the definitive guide on how best to follow the Trials? I saw a listing of NBC's coverage. But is there a more in-depth opportunity for us nuts? Streaming? Blogging? I am sick about not being there. I need some sort of methadone for my withdrawals.
    Welcome to the club.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

2. Collapse Details
    Administrator
    I am sure there will be in-depth discussions and updates on this message board. I will be doing live pole vault updates on Twitter: twitter.com/polevaultpower There will be lots and lots of tweeting from other sources like FloTrack, RunBlogRun, etc.

If you're not on Twitter, get an account and "follow" all of the major track and field outlets. That's probably going to give you your best updates.

FlashResults.com will presumably have live scoring of the field events and results from the running events.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower
    FlashResults.com will presumably have live scoring of the field events and results from the running events.
    I have spent more than one major meet staring at my monitor hitting the 'refresh' button. But this time, I'm taking the bull by the horns and setting my fanny down in the homestretch stands!

4. Collapse Details
    finally found it: http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/t ... guide.html

no extra live streaming beyond the 12 hrs of live tv coverage, but at least we can watch the main/finals sessions live even in the taped delay west coast territory!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tm71
    finally found it: http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/t ... guide.html

no extra live streaming beyond the 12 hrs of live tv coverage, but at least we can watch the main/finals sessions live even in the taped delay west coast territory!
    thank you, thank you, thank you for that link!!!

Family commitments keep me from Eugene this month. I had no such family commitments the past three years, but did also in 2008. I sure hope Eugene gets the trials again in '16.

6. Collapse Details
    Hammer streaming online?

Anyone... ?

7. Collapse Details
    Live twitter updates are from @USATrials

And live results link is here
    http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/ ... sults.aspx

8. Collapse Details
    Re: OT live streaming
    A tape delayed version of the women's hammer just started recording on my Directv DVR at 6:00 central time. Channel 698 CSNCa. You would need to have the sports pack (or have 698 as your normal regional sports network) to get it.

9. Collapse Details
    None of the pirate websites seem to have the live streaming. Oh, well!
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

10. Collapse Details
    I'm outta luck also! I'm in South Africa for two years, and no US Olympic Trials coverage here. I get my choice of rugby, cricket, or soccer. Diamond League meets ... yes. And it's the British coverage w/ Steve Ovett or Cram, commentating, and they do a "cracking" job. But no OT coverage. You would think that, with the internet, we would get better coverage every year ... but no.

In my opinion, the best we ever had was the Red, White, and Blue coverage at the '92 Olympics. Frank Shorter, Marty Liquori, and Dwight Stones in their elements, with no breaks for how someone battled getting bullied in 3rd grade. I still remember Marty Liquori shouting for someone to kick Boutayeb's butt when he interfered w/ Chelimo in the 10k. Scripted NBC coverage would never have allowed such spontaneity.

We have great former athletes, knowledgeable announcers, and technology out the wazoo, but it somehow hasn't yet translated into T&F coverage for the seriously obsessed fan. More's the pity!