Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Can Shericka Williams make the Jamaican team?
    It seems alot of the Jamaican sprint veterans have chosen one of the worst years to start falling off. We have been seeing some underwhelming performances from Simpson, Stewart, Nesta Carter, and Shelly just recently redeemed herself. Shericka however has been undoubtedly the best 400 meter sprinter representing Jamaica for the past five years( with Novlene being a very close second). Her 2011 season was kinda shabby and this year she has yet to break 51. I am not sure if she is doing some type of slow peak strategy aka the Ohurugu or is just not up to par. Does anyone know?

At first I thought Jeremy Wariner was doing something like that. Training thru the races and not really competing and would unleash at the trials. However it seems that wasn't the case and now I am worried Shericka might be on that same path.

Novlene is already a lock but Shericka could very well come fourth. Patricia Hall and Rosemary Whyte have already dropped strong sub 51 times. Hall seemed very strong in the indoor season running sub 23 and coming very close to topping the indoor 300 record so she is out for blood. Rosemary Whyte is also of very high pedigree and can drop whole seconds when you least expect it similar to Dee Dee Trotter.

While the rounds favor someone with the talent and experience of Shericka Williams her confidence can't be too high knowing she is a bit behind in terms of numbers for this time of the year.

I do believe her coach is arguably the best 400 coach right now with the exception of Clyde Hart so maybe she and Stephen Francis are one step ahead of us and the competition?

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Can Shericka Williams make the Jamaican team?
    Damn no one cares at all about Shericka. I thought we had Jamaicans on this blog.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fasttrack85
    Her 2011 season was kinda shabby and this year she has yet to break 51.
    This combination of sub-par 2011 and slow times this year is what would worry me. Right now I'd pick Whyte for the second spot, and then the third spot between Hall and Williams.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by j-a-m
    Her 2011 season was kinda shabby and this year she has yet to break 51.
    This combination of sub-par 2011 and slow times this year is what would worry me. Right now I'd pick Whyte for the second spot, and then the third spot between Hall and Williams.

Yes but class runners who have such high ceilings of potential(49.32) sometimes have the ability to drop times right before a trials or championships. I guess the question is can Shericka do that? We see Christina Ohurugu do it all the time.

5. Collapse Details
    Yes but class runners who have such high ceilings of potential(49.32) sometimes have the ability to drop times right before a trials or championships. I guess the question is can Shericka do that? We see Christina Ohurugu do it all the time.
    Possible; would be good to see her back on the Jamaican team.

6. Collapse Details
    Trackalerts seems to have faith in her.

http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php/ne ... ica-trials

7. Collapse Details
    Trackalerts seems to have faith in her.

http://www.trackalerts.com/index.php/ne ... ica-trials
    Trackalerts is a huge supporter of anyone in MVP.

8. Collapse Details
    It's an article written by Hubert Lawrence, and every Jamaican athletics fan should know who he is....

"Women's 400 - Novlene Williams-Mills is hot, with three 2012 wins on the circuit and twice under 50 seconds. Pencil her onto your team sheet. Give Olympic silver medalist Shericka Williams a slot because she always peaks for the nationals. Rosemarie Whyte, the 2008 trials winner and Olympic finalist, has looked good in local races. Davita Prendergast, the former Mannings, STETHS and Lincoln University athlete caught the eye last year with her strong relay running. This smooth traveller could bother the big three."

Interesting...no mention of Patricia Hall.
    My heart is still in the Caribbean....

9. Collapse Details
    Sherika came 4th in the 400m final.

She will be part of the relay team.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaica50
    Sherika came 4th in the 400m final.

She will be part of the relay team.
    beaten by her training partner evidently....