Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 66 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1203
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    beyond help
    Posts
    12,716
    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Understood. They should still assert it's a very effective strategy. Perhaps not the ONLY strategy, given the sexualization of our society and poor parenting, but a very effective method.
    Those compatible body parts have had a tendency to find each other since the time immemorial .
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Your point being?
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    beyond help
    Posts
    12,716
    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Your point being?
    That it is not a result of recent "sexualization of our society and poor parenting".
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    23,128
    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Understood. They should still assert it's a very effective strategy. Perhaps not the ONLY strategy, given the sexualization of our society and poor parenting, but a very effective method.
    On a program level it is a disaster because there is no fallback, and it leads to possibly worse results than having no specific program.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    That it is not a result of recent "sexualization of our society and poor parenting".
    If you want to argue that our society is not any more sexualized than previous generations, have at it. But since our world views differ so dramatically, I fear this would be a fruitless debate.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    beyond help
    Posts
    12,716
    Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    If you want to argue that our society is not any more sexualized than previous generations, have at it. But since our world views differ so dramatically, I fear this would be a fruitless debate.
    Increased sexualization recently is more about people freely expressing it. There has always been plenty of shenanigans behind the close door. But, you are right, this debate would lead nowhere .
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, CO
    Posts
    7,535
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Spring follows winter. It snows in winter. Therefore snow causes spring. Equivalent reasoning to what they just did.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,033
    allow me to quote the eminent Professor McEnroe: you have GOT to be kidding me!
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,033
    i guess if there's any good news to take away from this, it's that fears that modern American educations lag behind their European counterparts are unfounded.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •