Facts, Not Fiction

Page 64 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    And now guys should be thinking about HPV vax:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.9e1c5cb40f3a

2. Collapse Details

My son has gotten the whole series; while his friends indicated that it was really painful, my son thought it was about the same as the flu vaccine.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Record number of California kindergartners now vaccinated. yeah!

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/1...-hit-new-high/

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Record number of California kindergartners now vaccinated. yeah!

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/1...-hit-new-high/
    I'd love to know how the state's homeschooling rates changed, because I definitely saw a quite a few women in California who pulled their kids out of school.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I would not hesitate to pull my children out of school if we lost our philosophical exemption and I felt that one of the mandatory vaccines would harm them. The "mandatory" vaccines my kids are missing now, I will likely do at some point, but if the HPV vaccine became mandatory and we could no longer opt out, it's not even a question. I would scale back my online business and homeschool.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    from another story

<<Kindergartners entering home-based private school or an independent study program that does not provide classroom-based instruction can avoid the state-required vaccinations. The data said that 0.5% of California’s kindergartners were reported as lacking vaccinations under this category.>>

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    if the HPV vaccine became mandatory and we could no longer opt out, it's not even a question.
    What studies are you relying on that contradict the CDC?

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/va...fety-faqs.html

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    What studies are you relying on that contradict the CDC?

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/va...fety-faqs.html
    Yeah nope. Way too many first hand accounts from women who were given the HPV vaccine and had a wide range of problems afterward, especially with fertility. Do you know how many of them the CDC recognizes as being related to the vaccine? Pretty much zero. VAERS relies on doctors believing a symptom is associated with a vaccine and has a huge underreporting bias.

It's a little different to me when you have parents who are interpreting their baby's ever changing development and trying to correlate it to vaccines vs adults who received a vaccine as a teen and can relay how it made then feel and deeply regret that their parents forced them to get it or that they chose it for themselves.

It's also different when you have vaccines with many decades of use under their belt, vs vaccines that were derived primarily to create a profit

I get that my opinion on that you all don't find acceptable, but IDGAF. When my children are adults they can make their own educated decisions about the vaccine. In the meantime, I will continue to educate them about how HPV is spread and how few strains the vaccine covers and the importance of pap smears.

Any vaccine the CDC approves, they always consider it safe. Until they don't. How many more kids will die of bowel obstructions before they pull the rotavirus vaccine off the market again? Oh but it's worth the risk because it's inconvenient for parents to miss work when baby has diarrhea. Got it.

9. Collapse Details

The aggregate results from HPV are stunningly good and they tend to hit a portion of the population that does not do as well surviving well if they get it. The other surprising thing is how much an impact it is having among boys/men.

Some of my son's friends reported that it was rather uncomfortable and took a couple days to be fully better but for my son it was as much a no-never-mind as getting a flu shot, almost did not feel it and did not have any significant discomfort or other side effects.

10. Collapse Details

It's not accurate to say that VAERS relies on doctors believing a symptom is associated with a vaccine. Patients and parents (as well as providers) are actually encouraged to report symptoms after vaccination. From their web site: "Please report all significant adverse events that occur after vaccination of adults and children, even if you are not sure whether the vaccine caused the adverse event." It is a passive reporting system with all of the problems that go with it and would likely not detect and be able to link rare adverse events, but let's not misrepresent the system or suggest the doctors are to blame.