Facts, Not Fiction

Page 110 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1206
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Please note that the articles states that it still causes > 100,000 deaths / year.

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details

These are anecdotes, not the same as data. But one doesn't hear anecdotes about smallpox, nor, at least in the US, about polio.

5. Collapse Details

Want to see an anti-vaxxer in action?

https://www.facebook.com/madjen34/ti...6%3A1555605715

6. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    So a person with an 8 month old infant is traveling with that infant across the world and putting her baby in contact with diverse communities that she knows nothing about or knows to be "anti-vax" and after her baby contracts the measles it never dawns on her to question her own decisions .. my friends, that is called chutzpah. oy vey!

..and yes it is anecdotal. No, we can not be completely confident that the assumed "anti-vax" community was the vector through which she got the measles until a full analysis is done. It may be, I can accept it for the sake of argument but I can not know for sure until an analysis is done. I would want to know where that baby was every step of the way. If she was being carted through an airport then there is a pandora's box of possibilities.

Taking my 8 month old baby through an airport may be necessary. But if that baby gets the measles Im going to question my own decision first.
    Last edited by user4; 04-19-2019 at 02:28 PM.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Want to see an anti-vaxxer in action?

https://www.facebook.com/madjen34/ti...6%3A1555605715
    Not really...don't want to be ill this morning

8. Collapse Details

this is not an anti-vaxxer story but a reminder of how important vaccines are... pregnant women need to get pertussis vaccine at least a few weeks before giving birth... https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/hea...ry?id=40956756

9. Collapse Details

It's actually possible to do person to person contact tracing for measles when it's not endemic. In about 90% of the outbreaks in the US since 2000, we know the exact person that brought measles into the US.

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    this is not an anti-vaxxer story but a reminder of how important vaccines are... pregnant women need to get pertussis vaccine at least a few weeks before giving birth... https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/hea...ry?id=40956756
    Actually no, they may not need to get that vaccine. In fact earlier in this thread polevault power makes a fair case against, that every mother is different with different circumstances.

for the record user4 gets every vaccine, not because he needs them but because watching the needle go into his arm makes him feel stronger!
    Last edited by user4; 04-19-2019 at 07:47 PM.