Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Tim Tebow

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tim Tebow
    [how bouts we leave religion out of this thread so we don't get it banished like the last one]

Don't look now, but Timmy (can't make it in the NFL) Tebow just won his fifth game in a row, 5th road win, and is 6-1, after taking over from Kyle (1-4) Orton. He's taken Denver from LAST in the AFC West to FIRST. He made all the throws today including one that the receiver shoulda had, throwing 40y into the teeth of an all-out blitz.

For those who think he can't make it, he is everything Ben Ruthlessburger is and more.

And who lookest STOOPIDEST now? The Jaguars, who would have filled every seat in the stadium here with him on the team . . . as the water boy!!

And now we've been sold to Chaka (Tell Me Something Good) Khan, who'll probably move us to Funkytown!! :shock: :wink:

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Tim Tebow
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlow
    And who lookest STOOPIDEST now? The Jaguars...

Who also passed on Andy Dalton this year
    There are no strings on me

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by guru
    And who lookest STOOPIDEST now? The Jaguars...
    Who also passed on Andy Dalton this year
    And local talk is that there's be gonna be a big clean-out of coaches at year's end. Meanwhile, the GM who orchestrated this debacle just reupped for 3 more years! :shock: :roll:

4. Collapse Details
    As a Vikings fan, I was getting angry watching that game, so I mostly followed it online via updates. I think that Ponder gave a winnable game away. Kudos to him that it was a winnable game, considering Adrian Peterson was out. But a number of turnovers just killed them. Their season is toast, so any development of Ponder is a plus.

As a former Gator, I think that Tebow is fun to watch. I think that the Denver staff is making good adjustments as the game goes on that the opposition just isn't picking up on. I don't think that he is a good QB, but they are winning games. Though the Vikings pretty much suck, so a close win is not a big feather in the hat for Denver. Denver is operating on smoke and mirrors at this point, and it should come crashing down at some point. The weird thing is that it hasn't crashed down.

5. Collapse Details
    Yesterday was the best Tebow has looked. He looked just like a real NFL QB. He threw a couple passes that couldn't have been thrown any better by anyone (as Marlow alluded to).

I'm listening to some NFL talk show, it was all about can he stay healthy in a 16 game season doing his ..I could play fullback you know....bit? That is a very legit question/concern. We all know those defensive players are dying to break him in half, how long before somebody does? He's not going to be out running/out quicking guys like Vick, he's gonna have some collisions. Can he play like he does and survive?

6. Collapse Details
    I'm really hoping the SI cover jinx is "enabled" this weekend. The Tebow mania here in Colorado has become intolerable. No one seems to get that he ain't gonna win playoff games and Super Bowls if he only shows up to play part of the 4th quarter.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay
    I'm really hoping the SI cover jinx is "enabled" this weekend. The Tebow mania here in Colorado has become intolerable. No one seems to get that he ain't gonna win playoff games and Super Bowls if he only shows up to play part of the 4th quarter.
    As Darrell Royal used to say about James Street - he doesn't do much; he just wins.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay
    As Darrell Royal used to say about James Street - he doesn't do much; he just wins.
    James Street - now there's a blast from the past.

9. Collapse Details
    Where's the airsick bag? Story about Tebow on NPR driving home just now.

10. Collapse Details
    You guys are old. Before my time (barely). Had to google him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Street_(quarterback)