Facts, Not Fiction

Page 112 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1211
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    From Facebook: “Roald Dahl on Measles:
    Agree that this is important reading.

It was also cited in post 407 of this thread.
    https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...=1#post2501467

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Measles is still one of the most contagious diseases that we face:

https://www.cdc.gov/about/facts/cdcf...disasters.html

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I think it is becoming increasingly prudent for adults who do not have their vaccine records to pay out of pocket to have titers done to show they have immunity for various VPDs. If they are immune, they can avoid a quarantine during an outbreak. If they are not immune, they can get reimmunized.

Having to miss 3 weeks of work because you cannot find documentation of your measles vaccine is a real thing that is happening to people who likely are vaccinated during outbreaks.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I think it is becoming increasingly prudent for adults who do not have their vaccine records to pay out of pocket to have titers done to show they have immunity for various VPDs. If they are immune, they can avoid a quarantine during an outbreak. If they are not immune, they can get reimmunized.

Having to miss 3 weeks of work because you cannot find documentation of your measles vaccine is a real thing that is happening to people who likely are immune during outbreaks.

5. Collapse Details

Personally I don't have much sympathy with folks who end up a bit inconvenienced because they can't prove they they've been immunized. In my global village the anti-vaxers are among the village idiots . . .

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bad hammy View Post
    Personally I don't have much sympathy with folks who end up a bit inconvenienced because they can't prove they they've been immunized. In my global village the anti-vaxers are among the village idiots . . .
    I agree completely...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    Having to miss 3 weeks of work because you cannot find documentation of your measles vaccine is a real thing that is happening to people who likely are immune during outbreaks.
    They'd rather miss 3 weeks of work instead of getting the vaccine?

8. Collapse Details

I heard on the radio today that Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan are the only countries remaining in the world where polio has yet to be wiped out. All three have problems with extremist Islamists, some of whom propagate the myth that polio vaccine is a Western plot to sterilize local children.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bad hammy View Post
    Hmmm. Being over 50 I don't have the slightest clue where my childhood vaccination records are (and both my parents are dead) and I seriously doubt I am alone. Odds are good I had whatever was recommended when I was growing up, but I doubt I could prove it.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    I heard on the radio today that Nigeria, Pakistan and Afghanistan are the only countries remaining in the world where polio has yet to be wiped out. All three have problems with extremist Islamists, some of whom propagate the myth that polio vaccine is a Western plot to sterilize local children.
    Mumps can oblige them at times.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley