Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Great Distance Runners
    I just want to remind on my site

www.thegreatdistancerunners.de

which has some unique stats as well as some other useful informations I think.
    Unfortunally I couldn't work on it at all for a long time, but hopefully I can do so in near future. I have a lot more great statistics regarding the greatest (male) distance runners of all time. These stats took me really a lot of work, and you will not find them somewhere else - as I said, a will add more in near future.

Maybe someone is interested in this site.

2. Collapse Details

Not bad. Not bad at all.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

3. Collapse Details

A very interesting and informative site, said88, which obviously required a lot of research and effort.
    I have one suggestion: It is difficult for some people with less than perfect eyesight to read black text on dark blue background. Also, light colored text on a dark background is difficult.
    Just a suggestion. Good job.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf
    A very interesting and informative site, said88, which obviously required a lot of research and effort.
    I have one suggestion: It is difficult for some people with less than perfect eyesight to read black text on dark blue background. Also, light colored text on a dark background is difficult.
    Just a suggestion. Good job.
    Thank you for your comment lonewolf. I will try to better this site as soon as possible - and also add some material.

5. Collapse Details

I think your site is great Said88. I often refer to it for the "complete list of races" stats for some of the runners you have on there.
    One question. Every time I try to access the list of races for EL G, Bekele or Coe, it just comes up "ULR NOT FOUND". Were the stats there long ago and have been removed, or have you yet to put these ones on line?

Cheers. Thanks a lot once again.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by deanouk
    One question. Every time I try to access the list of races for EL G, Bekele or Coe, it just comes up "ULR NOT FOUND". Were the stats there long ago and have been removed, or have you yet to put these ones on line?

Cheers. Thanks a lot once again.
    Thanks!

I will add now more material.

7. Collapse Details

Hello!

I'm looking for good quality pictures from distance world record races (men). There are many on my site ( http://thegreatdistancerunners.de/Unterseite2.html ), but many are still missing. Can someone help with Nurmi, Zatopek, Puttemans, Rono...?

I even can't find a good quality picture of one of my all-time favored races of them all, Sebastian Coes 1st world record, 1:42,33 in Oslo 1979.

Thanks

8. Collapse Details
    Re: The Great Distance Runners
    Hello!

I'm looking for good quality pictures from distance world record races (men). There are many on my site ( http://thegreatdistancerunners.de/Unterseite2.html ), but many are still missing. Can someone help with Nurmi, Zatopek, Puttemans, Rono...?

I even can't find a good quality picture of one of my all-time favored races of them all, Sebastian Coes 1st world record, 1:42,33 in Oslo 1979.

Thanks

9. Collapse Details
    Cool site.
    Snell and Kip K in the top 10 all-time but Ryun, Walker and Scott not among the top 30?
    I'd disagree... but the site it still very nice!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by said88
    Hello!

Thanks
    http://historiatletismo.blogspot.com/20 ... n-del.html
    Fire Impossible.