Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Several yrs ago our state was host to a regional (USATF youth) championship. Long story short was that several of the so called 'leaders' in the state organization absconded with many thousands $$ of dollars from that event. Known by many and it became the white elephant in the room. Rather than have that go back into program development it lined the pockets of a few. Of course attempts to bring it to light - the messenger was shot.

Just an example of how we often shoot ourselves in the foot when trying to advance the sport. I found in fighting to be the bane of most efforts to rise above the 'norm'.

Side note - I talked to a national youth leader who sighed that our state was well known amongst the national people for "mismanagement".

Not saying all situations are this discouraging but a representation of the challenge. I think the youth programs have great promise, but seems like many holes in the infrastructure. No t sure what the answer is other than those driving the cars have disparate destinations.

Okay I'm done

2. Collapse Details

Okay, just read: Ryan Crouser: WYL, USR 70-08.50 w/11 lb. shot

11 lb shot? Why on earth would they do that? That's just silliness.

Throw the 12.

It's ONE MORE POUND!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BCBaroo
    Throw the 12. It's ONE MORE POUND!
    But this way, we get another record-holder. I, personally, hold the world record for the 10.27 (+ .01 lb) pound shot put!

4. Collapse Details

5kg, baby...why would the IAAF throw the 12? Just like the 1600/3200, we're the only country using it!