Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #31
    Meanwhile, will Michigan retaliate by trademarking the word OF?

    https://popculture.com/sports/2019/0...ver-trademark/
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,691
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Meanwhile, will Michigan retaliate by trademarking the word OF?
    Nice!

    I will start a petition for Stanford to TM "University", so no one else can use it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Nice!

    I will start a petition for Stanford to TM "University", so no one else can use it.
    Maybe so, but remember that the school is only a Junior University.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,691
    Quote Originally Posted by dj View Post
    Maybe so, but remember that the school is only a Junior University.
    Don't I know it! Had a panic attack when I got the letter. Really did think I'd EFFED up majorly!
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indian Territory
    Posts
    13,708
    I've told this story before but bear with me.
    Worked the NCAA at Boise years ago, got to know Larry Questad(sp?) of Night of Speed fame. He was a Montana, HS All-State, valedictorian, multi-sport super-star from a small town with choice of colleges to attend.
    His parents thought it would be advisable for him to ease into the big world at a small college and recommended he accept the offer from Leland Stanford Jr University.
    Larry says he quickly found out he was not as smart as he thought he was but was better athlete than he thought and stuck it out.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Meanwhile, will Michigan retaliate by trademarking the word OF?

    https://popculture.com/sports/2019/0...ver-trademark/
    Sure, and UCLA will trademark the comma between "California" and "Los"
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #37
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,579
    Quote Originally Posted by dj View Post
    Maybe so, but remember that the school is only a Junior University.
    first time I ever heard the Junior part was the first Stanford football game I ever went to and was amazed at how good the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band was for the b-team, and asked the person next to me why we didn't get the main group.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    first time I ever heard the Junior part was the first Stanford football game I ever went to and was amazed at how good the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band was for the b-team, and asked the person next to me why we didn't get the main group.
    Well, you could have had the Duke University Marching Band, which loves to go by its acronym of DUMB
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •