Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
  1. Collapse Details

I think this is a pretty good story about Nadal and why he wins so much - https://medium.com/@lonshapiro/tenni...g-30ec4439e587

I particularly love this quote, "Nadal’s implacable instinct to fight on every shot in every rally, during every point, every game, every set, every match and every tournament for the entirety of his career makes him the greatest fighter in the history of tennis."

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    I think this is a pretty good story about Nadal and why he wins so much - https://medium.com/@lonshapiro/tenni...g-30ec4439e587

I particularly love this quote, "Nadalís implacable instinct to fight on every shot in every rally, during every point, every game, every set, every match and every tournament for the entirety of his career makes him the greatest fighter in the history of tennis."
    No longer follow tennis as closely as I did years back. At that time, I was sure that Nadal would literally wear himself out. with his playing style/attitude. Kudos to him for being such a great player at age 33.

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post

I particularly love this quote, "Nadalís implacable instinct to fight on every shot in every rally, during every point, every game, every set, every match and every tournament for the entirety of his career makes him the greatest fighter in the history of tennis."
    Interesting....perhaps that attitude works great on clay but not elsewhere so much. Or maybe he gets worn out....

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Interesting....perhaps that attitude works great on clay but not elsewhere so much. Or maybe he gets worn out....
    Works pretty good on hard courts, too - he's won 4 US Opens

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Indeed....long break helps....

6. Collapse Details

Health and nutrition playing a bigger role in all sports has allowed athletes to maintain and extend that elite level longer than ever. Having said that, the way Nadal plays I too never thought physically he'd last this long.

Regarding number of titles, I wonder what the count would be for these three had they not changed the Wimbledon grass in the early 2000s which slowed it down.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Indeed....long break helps....
    Yes, but very tough to make a proper comeback, especially as one ages.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 502CD View Post
    Health and nutrition playing a bigger role in all sports has allowed athletes to maintain and extend that elite level longer than ever. Having said that, the way Nadal plays I too never thought physically he'd last this long.

Regarding number of titles, I wonder what the count would be for these three had they not changed the Wimbledon grass in the early 2000s which slowed it down.
    I, too, was worried about Nadal longevity but that's because of some inside orthopaedic information, but he has overcome all his injuries to continue to prosper into his 30s

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Federer keeping them guessing on Tokyo participation

https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...-2020-guessing

10. Collapse Details

At the end of 2007, Federer had 9 more Grand Slam titles than Nadal (12-3) but since then the gap has steadily narrowed and today only one title separates them (20-19). Considering their ages, 38 and 33, it would seem that time is on the side of Nadal.