1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    IMO she's not fast enough.
    She's the fastest in the team.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Flumpy View Post
    She's the fastest in the team.
    Only because of her start.
    And I wouldn't judge from just a PB TBH, Ashleigh's runs at the Euros were clearly superior.

For me Asha should be first or nowhere, and I'd rather DAS on first.

3. Collapse Details

If she improves her conditioning she's likely to be right up there again, in all honesty - which is what the girls need to keep the competition going.

Would like to see a few more 200s also - she actually ran a decent leg at the World Relays, for someone who barely does the distance

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    In an interview with Mel Watman at the end of her career, Kathy acknowledged that people thought she could have trained harder. She always seemed exhausted after even 200m races (and utterly shattered after her rare 400s), so it was generally accepted at the time that she wasn't the best conditioned athlete. I doubt that under her 1980s running vest she possessed a set of abs to compare with Jodie or Ashleigh!
    To put her talent in perspective, aged 20 her PB (22.31 in a season closer at Crystal Palace) was over a 1/10th faster than Jodie's. In reality she was a year ahead of Jodie in her development because she ran 20.3 aged just over 20 whereas Jodie is almost 21.
    To think she was a peer of Merlene Ottey (they were born within a week of her) and retired aged just 26!
    To be fair no bunch of female athletes in the world have abs like the British female sprinters. The whole lot who have represented GB since 2013 have abs like goddesses. No other country compares, not the Americans or Jamaicans. I genuinely in awe of their sporty physical perfection.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jjimbojames View Post
    If she improves her conditioning she's likely to be right up there again, in all honesty - which is what the girls need to keep the competition going.

Would like to see a few more 200s also - she actually ran a decent leg at the World Relays, for someone who barely does the distance
    Jimbo is right, it will be the smaller changes these athletes make in getting their times to come down even further.

Asha is faster over 60m and 100m and I think has a more balanced/neat technique in comparison to Ashleigh, who to her credit has vastly improved her conditioning and tidied up her form this season.

I don't think Asha is wildly out of shape, some athletes are going to be ripped and other's aren't. Abs aren't the be all and end all nor are they the only indicator of good conditioning. The fact that Asha peaked and PBed in major finals this year is a better indicator in my mind.

6. Collapse Details
    Smile
    Just saying'

1. GREAT BRITAIN & NI GBR 42.21 NR 0.130
    2. JAMAICA JAM 42.33 0.141
    3. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USA 42.48 0.157
    4. ITALY ITA 43.88 0.128
    5. NORWAY NOR 44.62 0.188
    6. SWITZERLAND U20 SUI 45.49 0.151
    i deserve extra credit

7. Collapse Details

2014 was amazing for British women's sprinting... but 2015 is a new year and with the British Trials 10 days away who can we expect to see compete in Birmingham?

DAS and Philip have continued their progress from last season with PBs with J.Williams coming back from injury only racing once over the 400m. B.Williams has raced a lot this year but seems stuck at 23.0 or there about. Nelson raced in early May but no races since?

8. Collapse Details

Candace Hill reminds why I still remain of the opinion that the title of this thread is still laughable. As are Speedster's comments waxing eloquent about "amazing" British plus 11 sprinting

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mump boy View Post
    Just saying'

1. GREAT BRITAIN & NI GBR 42.21 NR 0.130
    2. JAMAICA JAM 42.33 0.141
    3. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USA 42.48 0.157
    4. ITALY ITA 43.88 0.128
    5. NORWAY NOR 44.62 0.188
    6. SWITZERLAND U20 SUI 45.49 0.151
    42.21 = number 71 all time performance
    Just saying

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    42.21 = number 71 all time performance
    Just saying
    How about we compare Queen Valerie's distances to all those set by drug cheat as well ?

Take out the GDR and all the US dopers and that relay list and then comment
    i deserve extra credit